• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Might be time for a kit or a sale

It means you should work and do what you can for your blood, especially in your household. And it’s two ways, if you are the unemployed wayward son you are supposed to provide for those in your household as well.

As I see it if your son is in need you don’t leave him hanging. Neither do you just give him everything and I think you might have misunderstood me on this.

Discipline is also biblical. It’s harder when they are grown. I’ve got four kids, two are grown. One is on his own and doing well, the other not so much. For the time being I believe in my heart he needs a little bit of grace.

Bryan I agree with you 100%. There is more to the story here than just a $400 pellet gun, you had to kick him out once before. Hats off to you for allowing him to move back into your house. Like I said before life isn’t that simple. With children the worst thing we can do is give up on them. Sometimes tough love is justified and other times it’s not. Every child is different and every situation is different. Also, society is changing and has more influence on young adults than it ever before. You are doing the right thing. When it comes to children you can’t have any regrets. There is a comment from Lewis about having your son help you rebuild the rifle. If he sees how much you care about the rifle and how much effort it takes to rebuild it might get the wheels turning inside his head. Best of luck to you moving forward. Your son will remember how he was raised and eventually it will take hold. Guaranteed. 

The problem is I don’t want to fix it. Its not just what he did to the gun. I am so aggravated beyond the point of coming back, I want to sell it and start over. Sell the 34 too even though it’s fine. It is an association issue and I know it’s not Godly but man I just want to be rid of it. I can’t even group with it anymore and I don’t know if it’s me and in my head or if it’s damages. Up to this point my worst group with the worst pellet was maybe 3/4 to 7/8 inch for 5 at 25 yards. Now I can’t stand to even pull it out of the darn safe and just want to be rid of it. Maybe a pro tune would help. I just associate it with his ignorance and it burns me up. I might just need to fix me and not the gun I don’t know.

I feel for you sir, I'm in the same situation with a Walther LGV Master Pro. I don't even want to shoot it because of it's history and the bad juju surrounding the rifle. Every time I pick it up I have evil thoughts so it just sits in my gun safe gathering dust. If I didn't have well over a $$ grand in it I'd of dumped it in deep water long ago.

Just a quick update. The boy is growing up fast. He’s out on his own, holding a job, has a baby in the way, still needs help but so do all new parents.

And my R9. I am completely ate up with archery right now. Thought about selling or trading the R9 but every time I pull it out I fall back in love with the rifle. She’s still a keeper and only has a tiny little pressure mark.

I could use a few pointers on resetting the parallax on a fixed Leupold FXI 4x28 the though. The Leupold custom shop is still closed indef. They come factory set at 60 yards and as is my 50 yard groups are tighter than my 25 yard groups unless I am suuuuuper consistent with cheek placement.

On parallax adjustment, I did do that once to make an inexpensive scope usable inside. I had to remove the front clamp ring, and space the front lens further forward. In my case, I used a spacing ring since I didn't want to affect the original setting. As I recall, the spacer was somewhere around 0.025". But you would lose the nitrogen purge, probably lose any sealing around the front lens, and void your lifetime warranty on your Leupold scope.

A better method would be to attach a closeup lens to the front of the scope if you can figure out how to do that. Leupold used to sell an accessory lens for their scopes that allowed non-PA scopes to be used at 50 feet. Closeup lens sets for photography are really cheap if you want to give that a try.

She’s the one stalling on getting married. They have hit a few speed bumps, and he has yet to prove himself to her. They do live together, and he loves his son. We ALL love the baby and I’m thrilled to have a grandkid. I’m not going to divulge any more, this has gone far enough and shame on me for that.

What I can tell you is before he met this girl I had little hope left for him. This girl and their baby have made a huge difference… not a overnight and not a 180 but he’s definitely coming around. Growing up is a metamorphosis.