Middle size hunting with JSB's 25 Cal. 33.95 grain?

I have used them for both raccoon and fox without issue. Head shots and body shots, but only at 30 yards max. Personally, I would be reluctant to use a .25 with pellets for yotes. In that scenario I would choose slugs at .25 with a higher FPE and greater expansion, or step up to a .30 bare minimum if using pellets...but that's just me.

Come to think of it, your preference may also depend on whether you are going after eastern or western yotes. Eastern yotes are notably larger, so that may have an impact on people's choices.

...when they first arrived there was some interbreeding with feral dogs and now we have a new sub species...

...I attended a lecture with my dad that this professor Remington gave aboot the coydogs, and how unusual they were biologicly......he mostly talked aboot moths but he explained how that interbreeding phenonium works...when a similar species intersect there can be an initial flurry of interbreeding that usually does not result in a persistent new species...

...he was a very cool dude as well a a brainiac...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lee_Remington

Charles_Lee_Remington233a.jpg

...FWIW I would consider the .25 33 grn JSB's potentially effective but marginal on coyotes if used in a powerful rifle…certainly no better than .22 LR, often considered effective, but marginal... 

...I have had them fail on body shots on grey squirrels shooting an Air Force Escape at near full power...

Come to think of it, your preference may also depend on whether you are going after eastern or western yotes. Eastern yotes are notably larger, so that may have an impact on people's choices.

This ^^^. Where I grew up in the Selkirks of Eastern Washington, most of the packs are mixed with dog and Gray Wolf, and it is not unusual to shoot large males that weigh 100-150lbs and stand 34+in at the shoulder. Where I live right now in Southeastern Washington, most coyotes are in the 30-50lb range and stand less than 24in. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot these dogs with a 25 cal slug at 60FPE+ of energy. When I go home to thin the packs up at the ranch, I take a centerfire varmint rifle mostly 6mm, or borrow my dad's .22-250 loaded with 62gr TTSX