Micro Red Dot Sights </= $50

Looking for a micro red (or green) dot sight - the size designed mainly for use on handguns, that isn't going to set me back more than $50 plus tax and shipping. I own and have used some very nice micro red (and green) dots made by Holosun, Sig and Trijicon on centerfire handguns up to 10mm S&W, but would like something that size for a Beeman 2027 pistol for a lot less than what they cost.

If any of you have used one of the sub $50 micro red/green dot pistol sights off Amazon or eBay, that have held a zero and provide a decent sight picture, please post your recommendations. I don't really trust the reviews on Amazon. Not interested in the bigger tube or holographic type sights or anything over that $50 price point. Adjustable illumination level is a requirement. I bought a green LED micro dot sight some years ago and there was no way to adjust the brightness!

These

Screenshot_20221213-195121_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221217-180335_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: RAMJET66
I have an ADE RDE-002 currently on my Hatsan Hydra. I really love this little sight. Crystal clear 2 MOA dot. No bells and whistles but it holds a zero great and it's right at your sub $50 price point. It has 2 brightness settings.

Thanks for that link. I will check it out.

I probably should have posted a photo of the type of sight I wanted. It needs to be one of the small micro style sights made to mount on a pistol slide, similar to this Holosun or the Trijicon RMR shown on a pistol, though I will be mounting it on the dovetail using adapters.

1674250562041.png
1674250772665.png

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
red dots dont work so well with my eyes, looks more like a streaked star than a dot .. but if theres anything worse than a red dot, its a cheap red dot lol ..

Without my glasses, red dots look like a Michael Bay explosion! With the illumination turned down to where it is just a bit brighter than the target I see a very clear, round dot.

Thanks for that link. I will check it out.

I probably should have posted a photo of the type of sight I wanted. It needs to be one of the small micro style sights made to mount on a pistol slide, similar to this Holosun or the Trijicon RMR shown on a pistol, though I will be mounting it on the dovetail using adapters.

View attachment 325014View attachment 325017

I'm not very familiar with pistol mounts, but I know ADE has other similar models with different pistol mounts. The one I sent you is definitely that small micro size, but the weaver mount does add some height to it.

I'm not very familiar with pistol mounts, but I know ADE has other similar models with different pistol mounts. The one I sent you is definitely that small micro size, but the weaver mount does add some height to it.

I will be using a weaver mount adapter with the thin weaver to dovetail adapter inserts to mount it on the Beeman 2027 rail. A bit of extra height is OK since I have to remove the rear sight to mount it, so using the red dot and the iron sights won't work. The thinnest weaver mount I have is made by Burris for the Fastfire sight, but those sights cost more than my 2027,

1674254644780.png

I will be using a weaver mount adapter with the thin weaver to dovetail adapter inserts to mount it on the Beeman 2027 rail. A bit of extra height is OK since I have to remove the rear sight to mount it, so using the red dot and the iron sights won't work. The thinnest weaver mount I have is made by Burris for the Fastfire sight, but those sights cost more than my 2027,

View attachment 325039
That's what I use on my weaver👍👍

The smaller the dot...the better the target acquisition, especially at longer distances. Large dots..."cover" the target. You don't to "hide" the target behind a red or green dot. You want to see the target, with as close to a red/green pin-point as you can.

To me, 1 - 3moa dot is the largest I'd ever think of buying. 2 - A 2moa dot size is MUCH better.

And for those I see above...if you notice the dot shape...you are paying TOO much attention to the "dot" and NOT enough attention to the..."target" !
I also have astigmatism. I've learned a lot about these sights in the last couple of years.

A couple of hints if the dot is odd shapes -
1. The brightness is TOO high.
2. You are paying too much attention to the wrong thing ! Watch the target, NOT the dot. Look "past" the dot, NOT at the dot.
3. The sight is a cheap sight with a too large a dot size, and NOT enough adjustability in it.

Mike

Last edited: