Michigan firearm deer season! (SUCCESS)

Nice !!! Pork loin is tasty too!!!!

Saw a big bodied 6 pointer tonight but not legal in my county this year. 4 points or better on one side rule this year. That's ok because I know that big 10 I was watching during bow season is still around....in the morning 🦌

James from Michigan

Yeah we have a 13 inch or greater spread rule in my county only other way is if he has an unbranched antler or is a spike this is the last day of doe season 

Saw a big bodied 6 pointer tonight but not legal in my county this year. 4 points or better on one side rule this year. That's ok because I know that big 10 I was watching during bow season is still around....in the morning
1f98c.svg

James from Michigan

Yeah we have a 13 inch or greater spread rule in my county only other way is if he has an unbranched antler or is a spike this is the last day of doe season

And I thought it was hard to have to count 3 points on one side. In the last 4 days of bow and gun hunting on state land, I had to pass up 7 different bucks. Not so hard with the bow. The deer are close enough to count. But durning gun season it’s tough to count points on a moving buck in the brush. 

I have lots of different/cheeper slugs for shooting. But I am very pleased with his for deer hunting. Wish I could find a mold to cast my own. But he isn’t really that bad on price. He is like a drug dealer. Sends you a couple sample packets of slugs to try. And you’re hooked! Here is a picture of the same 220hp at 50 yards in water. Perfect little mushroom.

1574095091_12511479895dd2c8f3424291.78495905_B1A1C414-F89D-4768-8486-73502B8B6E32.jpeg

Saw a big bodied 6 pointer tonight but not legal in my county this year. 4 points or better on one side rule this year. That's ok because I know that big 10 I was watching during bow season is still around....in the morning
1f98c.svg

James from Michigan

And I thought it was hard to have to count 3 points on one side. In the last 4 days of bow and gun hunting on state land, I had to pass up 7 different bucks. Not so hard with the bow. The deer are close enough to count. But durning gun season it’s tough to count points on a moving buck in the brush.

The general rule of thumb is if when at ears up as in scoping out the area or he hears something of his ears are touching or inside of the beam he is 13 or more if his ears on the outside of the beam don't shoot. It sure enough makes getting a mature buck tricky I mostly go for a spike or a doe when season allows it for that very reason 

I truly hate it when trophy hunters stick their big nose in my freezer hunting that's all it's about. Seams to me counter productive since it encourages shooting 1st year spikes or deer that has been fighting hard and broke a beam off.

Oh well it is what it is. I just got through processing my deer God hung out on the fence for me and got about 80 pounds of meat 

1574095378_7134567145dd2ca1225c390.86098767_IMG_20191110_065209_01.jpg

Yes sir,

I've been watching a big 10 point but he's a smart one...had him at about 60 yards yesterday morning and couldn't get a shot in thick brush...I'm in his house and being oh so careful not to spook him....

I'm right in the middle of CWD zone but everything we've tested from the pocket of deer I'm hunting has been negative. 

Put a mad dog stock and a new athlon midas scope on the Texan today. Will have to dial it back in Friday...

James from Michigan