Michigan firearm deer season! (SUCCESS)

Opens Friday morning and we have snow!!!!

I live in central Michigan and we got about 8" of the fluffy white stuff today and it looks like its going to stay for at least the first couple days of season. Puts the odds of success on the hunters side as they stick out like a turd in the punch bowl in the woods!!! Lol. My .50 cal muzzle loader is staying in the cabinet this year and my new .45 Texan is on duty! I'm still getting used to it but I'm printing 2" - 3 shot groups at 100 yards with 290 grain NSA hollow points and that's more than enough to do the job! I'm so pumped for this season I can't wait!!!

My brother in law is always making fun of my BB guns as he puts it but made him eat crow at the range the other day out shooting him with his fancy 450 bushmaster!!! 😜

Loving it!!! James from Michigan 

About 11:30 three bucks snuck in behind me chasing a doe and I picked the biggest one!!! 70 yards!
1573849979_15890889125dcf0b7b755774.42604088_20191115_113116.jpg

Get er done Willie!!!

My range finder was frosted up and couldn't get a reading so I guessed him at 100 and aimed a little high. The slug hit right where I was aiming just below the spine and dumped him right there....ranged back to my tree later and it was 70 yards on the money! had to make a follow up to finish him but what a great hunt. Had to work last night with not much sleep so I'm passing out this morning and hunting again this afternoon. 

James from Michigan 

He field dressed at 157 pounds Bob !!!

I Was in an 18' ladder stand on the same crick bottom permission that I shot 27 woodchucks on this past spring and summer. 40 acres that buts right up to the grand river and the mouth of prairie creek. 

Its an awesome little piece of property and I'm the only one aloud to be there! 

James from Michigan