• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Message from JSB regarding FX pellets

Aren't we all?
thing is, something as important as this deserves a statement directly from the company. Not posted from some random guy (nothing personal) on a forum. Seems more fishy that way. If they really want to get their point across, they can post from their own agn account, and more people will take notice.
You're right...and I do apologize. I don't get on the forums much anymore. You are more than welcome to contact me. But I have posted it under Predator Int.

Joe

It could be in my head but my Avenger has shot smaller groups with FX 25.39s than it has shot with JSB 25.39s. I was curious so I looked at a pellet from each side by side and in profile they look the same. But on the back side the ring around the end - the flat at the end of the pellet - looked a little wider on the FX. I can believe they were made on the same die but I don't think they were from the same run (not that anybody said they were). There also seems to be more "trash" in the ends of the JSB branded pellets but it could be from how I've handled them or something.

I happened to look at JSB, AA, and FX 10.3s on Pyramid this week and the JSBs were a dollar more at the time than the other two (per tin). That isn't consistent with somebody thinking FX (or AA) are higher quality. I didn't order them because they might arrive when I am out of town later this week but if I had ordered them I would probably have purchased the FX. Not because I think they are better but because I think they are about the same and a buck cheaper. If it reverses by the time I do order them, I'll order the JSB (or AA if that is cheapest).

It may be that the JSB owner is trying to tell us that whatever difference we see is illussionary or due to the minor variation run to run in pellets. But if sellers are asking as much or more for JSBs I don't see why he felt compelled to say anything. If we think that FX or AA are different and therefore buy a tin to try them out, how does that hurt JSB? Maybe their sales are off or something. Lowering the price of JSBs would be a better way to increase sales than making somewhat negative comments about FX and AA pellets.

Mostly I buy H&Ns and the letter isn't going to make me want to buy more JSB made pellets. I buy the H&Ns because they shoot the best in most of my guns. I think the H&N Match are more consistent in weight than the JSBs I've tried. But I have not tried JSBs in my P35-177 yet and probably will. I'll check head size consistency too if I get some. If my gun happens to like them better I might switch it but I'll be surprised. My other two P35s like H&N better.

I think JSB makes good pellets but I don't think the letter was a good idea.

Ok, AGN members, this is Joe of Predator/JSB. First off, the letter that Dcorvino posted is from JSB via me... which in turn is the letter we received from JSB. I asked several people close to Predator to post the letter. The signature is Pavel's. The letter was created to dispell what is being said in the airgun world. Now I knew this letter would be received differently. It was in no means meant to divide airgunners. I ask that you don't come off negatively to Dcorvino. He posted it to inform the AGN members, and yes...Dcorvino personally knows Pavel. It's a travesty to see how some of you have commented. It's pretty easy just to call Predator (303-761-1236), and talk to us.

I ask that you ask not be so negative, and just take the letter for what it is. Again, it was only meant to inform.

Sincerely,

Joe Iturralde
Predator/JSB
Thank you Joe
Hope this explains things to everyone concerned

Reactions: Predator Int.
Aren't we all?
thing is, something as important as this deserves a statement directly from the company. Not posted from some random guy (nothing personal) on a forum. Seems more fishy that way. If they really want to get their point across, they can post from their own agn account, and more people will take notice.
I did not mean to post this like, my mouse click was a "flyer" meant to hit quote to respond - not sure how to remove the like -

I swear some of you fellas would rather believe ANYTHING but what comes from the horses mouth -

You're right...and I do apologize. I don't get on the forums much anymore. You are more than welcome to contact me. But I have posted it under Predator Int.

Joe
Thankyou. It’s always better coming directly from the company than someone you know! I understand that you asked some close individuals to share the letter, and In no way am I discrediting the letter. I’m just surprised a statement didn’t come from you first. Whether you frequent the forums or not, they are an intricate part of our airgun community, and most of us get our information from them. The fact there is so many partners on the forum makes it a lot more credible than most, so hearing directly from you here will always prevent misunderstanding or misrepresentation.
Thanks again!

I did not mean to post this like, my mouse click was a "flyer" meant to hit quote to respond - not sure how to remove the like -

I swear some of you fellas would rather believe ANYTHING but what comes from the horses mouth - do you conduct yourself like this in every facet of your life?
In a world of misinformation, you’re damn straight I will only believe what comes from the horses mouth. Welcome to the real world!

Reactions: qball
Ok, AGN members, this is Joe of Predator/JSB. First off, the letter that Dcorvino posted is from JSB via me... which in turn is the letter we received from JSB. I asked several people close to Predator to post the letter. The signature is Pavel's. The letter was created to dispell what is being said in the airgun world. Now I knew this letter would be received differently. It was in no means meant to divide airgunners. I ask that you don't come off negatively to Dcorvino. He posted it to inform the AGN members, and yes...Dcorvino personally knows Pavel. It's a travesty to see how some of you have commented. It's pretty easy just to call Predator (303-761-1236), and talk to us.

I ask that you ask not be so negative, and just take the letter for what it is. Again, it was only meant to inform.

Sincerely,

Joe Iturralde
Predator/JSB
tumblr-me3vm1-DRDm1qhszhwo1-500-4096814042.gif

• Haha
Reactions: qball and Ezana4CE
There's a lesson to be learned here about perception becoming reality (especially when it's not). The key word in Pavel's letter being INFLUENCERS.

Of course those that can learn the most won't since they're also the contingent who refuses to consider things objectively, instead seeing everything through the beer goggles of complete and utter brand loyalty, truth and facts be damned.

Regarding the Dwarves, please don’t go there, that’s all I need right now lol
I really do not understand why anyone would care what arrangement FX or anyone else has with JSB. One die two die three die four? If the projectiles are accurate and consistent the name on the label and who made them is immaterial even a moot point. The quality and cost to value ratio will be what is important. All else is fluff and buggery.
Folks love gossip and the best way to end it is to put your cards on the table. I commend JSB for taking this step.

PS. Dwarves are pretty hard workers. At least Snow White said so, but that is how rumors get started

IF JSB felt the need to disseminate this for dispelling false beliefs about their manufacturing process I would think they, themselves would do it in a manner that would reach as many airgunners as possible (forums, magazines, airgun blogs, etc). Especially when asking for an "apology". Why were YOU in particular asked to spread the news? Just curious.

Reactions: madeintheuk
Regarding the Dwarves, please don’t go there, that’s all right now lol
IF JSB felt the need to disseminate this for dispelling false beliefs about their manufacturing process I would think they, themselves would do it in a manner that would reach as many airgunners as possible (forums, magazines, airgun blogs, etc). Especially when asking for an "apology". Why were YOU in particular asked to spread the news? Just curious.
I was asked because I know them personally and have for a long time.
They asked me and I did them a favor
JSB is trying to be truthful here
You might want to contact Joe at Predator JSB 303-761-1236

Thankyou. It’s always better coming directly from the company than someone you know! I understand that you asked some close individuals to share the letter, and In no way am I discrediting the letter. I’m just surprised a statement didn’t come from you first. Whether you frequent the forums or not, they are an intricate part of our airgun community, and most of us get our information from them. The fact there is so many partners on the forum makes it a lot more credible than most, so hearing directly from you here will always prevent misunderstanding or misrepresentation.
Thanks again!
Well, I would have posted first...but once the letter went out to our retailers I was fielding calls, emails and texts. It's 10:34p mountain time and I'm still talking to people. So again, I do apologize for not personally posting this first. It was honestly better for me at the time to have friends help out with this.

Joe

Because I was busy fielding calls, emails and texts...so I asked him to help. I've already put my office number out there for shooters to talk to Predator. That's why he was asked to help.

Joe

We have a formal letter from the manufacturer debunking disinformation advocated by social media influencers. I really do not care who posted the letter. The source and signature is sufficient.

The route cause of the problem is the fact that social media influencers have an audience hanging on their lips taking everything said as gospel.

They are not referred to as influencers for nothing; they influence your decision making to secure their revenue. Influencers have absolutely no allegiance to you the consumer. Their modus operandi is to lock you into their circle of influence and secure their revenue streams. You are just a puppet on a string dancing to their tune.

We were all born with at least a basic cognitive ability - Use your head and take note of the purpose of the letter. You will save money but there is no guaranty from JSB that you will win your battle with placebo.

@JSB thank you for the letter it is most interesting and thank you for putting your customers first.