• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Message from JSB regarding FX pellets

Hi attached a message from JSB regarding FX branded pellets
D81678C2-6748-456E-BC36-65A2AA97D441.jpeg

The message I posted is from the owner of JSB so the special mold story is false
But there are videos of the people at JSB saying just the opposite. I believe Steve from AEAC was one of those videos where he asked this question, and was given the answer that has been posted here many times.

So either the tour guide was uninformed, lied, or didn't know and made something up.....but that is what was being told from the factory at the time.

No the message is saying that there is nothing special about the molds used to make FX pellets. They may be made on a seperate mold but that mold is the same as every other mold they use. Nothing fancy about it.

If your gun prefers the FX pellets over the JSB pellets its simply either a batch thing or a placebo effect. Even different batches of factory firearm ammo have some variance from batch to batch. Some people will test one box from a batch of rimfire ammo before throwing down and stocking up on it.

Thats my takeaway from this. I could be wrong though

Here is the AEAC JSB factory tour video where it is discussed. I understand them to say that the other brands that JSB make pellets for do not have their own dies, but in a typical run JSB will just use one set of dies for that particular batch, for example all 18 gr FX pellets that day would all come from a single die. In another batch for FX they may use a different 18 gr die, but again it will be made using just one die. I also interpreted that for the actual JSB branded pellets they will mix pellets from several dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
JSB has nothing to gain or loose by saying this
They just wanted to clear the air
Well I wonder what the price difference is if all things are exactly the same? Fx branded pellets are a little cheaper. I realize they make both so it would seem they have nothing to gain or lose, however the notion that the “brand” that doesn’t directly carry the jsb name stamped all over it being inferior inspired the statement. Seems they just are trying to avoid any shade being thrown the jsb way.

I agree about the Dumpster fire
Predator JSB asked me to post
What are your ties to pavel, and predator international? Why would they rely on you to pass this along other than to make a statement here of their own device on such a large air gun forum. I think they’re actually partnered with the site also.

So, the information on a certain factory tour stating that while JSB manufactures FX brand pellets, they are in fact made with a separate set of dies is not factually correct?
Hmmm....someone does not agree with another?
Just watched that recently. If it's the same video, that's not what was said at all.

Reactions: WorriedMan
But there are videos of the people at JSB saying just the opposite. I believe Steve from AEAC was one of those videos where he asked this question, and was given the answer that has been posted here many times.

So either the tour guide was uninformed, lied, or didn't know and made something up.....but that is what was being told from the factory at the time.
The AEAC video does NOT say they have a special mold.

It says they use the same molds but the runs are single mold --- which single mold is effectively random.

What are your ties to pavel, and predator international? Why would they rely on you to pass this along other than to make a statement here of their own device on such a large air gun forum. I think they’re actually partnered with the site also.
I am friendly with a lot of people in the Airgun community
Was asked to post for them
They are are just a sponsor like everyone other vendor that pops up in the adds

Here is the AEAC JSB factory tour video where it is discussed. I understand them to say that the other brands that JSB make pellets for do not have their own dies, but in a typical run JSB will just use one set of dies for that particular batch, for example all 18 gr FX pellets that day would all come from a single die. In another batch for FX they may use a different 18 gr die, but again it will be made using just one die. I also interpreted that for the actual JSB branded pellets they will mix pellets from several dies.

Thanks --- this is what I was trying to get at in my other two posts.

No special dies.
Random single die runs when the do a batch of branded pellets.

Reactions: WorriedMan
Ok, AGN members, this is Joe of Predator/JSB. First off, the letter that Dcorvino posted is from JSB via me... which in turn is the letter we received from JSB. I asked several people close to Predator to post the letter. The signature is Pavel's. The letter was created to dispell what is being said in the airgun world. Now I knew this letter would be received differently. It was in no means meant to divide airgunners. I ask that you don't come off negatively to Dcorvino. He posted it to inform the AGN members, and yes...Dcorvino personally knows Pavel. It's a travesty to see how some of you have commented. It's pretty easy just to call Predator (303-761-1236), and talk to us.

I ask that you ask not be so negative, and just take the letter for what it is. Again, it was only meant to inform.

Sincerely,

Joe Iturralde
Predator/JSB

Last edited:
I am friendly with a lot of people in the Airgun community
Was asked to post for them
They are are just a sponsor like everyone other vendor that pops up in the adds
Aren't we all?
thing is, something as important as this deserves a statement directly from the company. Not posted from some random guy (nothing personal) on a forum. Seems more fishy that way. If they really want to get their point across, they can post from their own agn account, and more people will take notice.