• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Mercy rabbit dispatch

I wasn't planning on taking this little guy until the spring after he fattened up but tonight when I was on the laptop, I thought I saw a squirrel in the yard which would have been really odd for the time of night.

It was dark, so broke out the ATN and what I discovered was this rabbit dragging itself across my yard to get under my shed.

After I dispatched it, it looks like it was most likely struck by a car. Had a broken leg and as you can see in the video, it had pretty much given up. Apologies for the shakiness, was shooting offhand which is also why I placed a second shot, this little guy had been through enough. Was about 35 yards from where I was standing. 

Not my favorite kind of hunt, but necessary as the animal was definitely suffering. I didn't capture the footage of it dragging itself through the yard, but it looked painful.

https://youtu.be/kyQS7yTsJkI

IMG_20210218_202347_061.1614566608.jpg

FX Impact MK2 in .22
Daystate Howlers tuned for 970-980 fps
ATN 4k 5-20x scope
Saber Tactical cheek riser and bag rider
KL gen2 pic rail
Accutac BR-4