• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Meopta Optika6 Info. Ect.?

I would like to hear some scope comparisons as well because They appear to be overpriced IMHO judging by DVORs recent sale seeing how much cheaper they were being sold for.

Meez decides MEOPTICA OUT unless there's a better sale next time. DVOR sells discontinued or overstocked inventory at greatly reduced prices. Makes you wonder huh?

Once I see a price that's the cheapest I have ever seen for any particular item it has to be REALLY DAMN GOOD in order for ME to pay a higher price for that same item.

Owning a Meopta Optika6 3-18x50, I can assure you that it is not, overpriced. Not in any possible realm is it overpriced. This scope has so many features only found on much more expensive scopes I would say that it is a bargain. I had mine on my Beeman and then moved it to a CZ 22LR. I love the clarity, parallax down to 10 meters, and very bright even on cloudy days. Until you hold one and then look down the tube, you won't understand all that it has to offer. You can absolutely spend less, but you won't get more than the Optika6 has to offer. 

I know that ILya Koshkin helped with the features and some of the reticles in the tactical models of the Meopta line which is a good thing.

They are supposed to have class leading glass in this price range but that's just what I've read.

Seems like they are having trouble keeping up with demand for ILya's reticles which has been the main complaint.

Hey thanks for the Reply Yo. Maybe I'll buy one and send it too your place to compare. I only have a Hawke Airmax 6x24-50 SFP and an Athlon Argos 6x24-50 FFP. Both of which I'll be selling on the cheap if anybody wants them.

I just want to put something Genuinely Good on top of my JSAR Raptor because i like it. They seem to be plugging along and getting it back together. I sent it in and they upgraded my trigger, valve and some other things i don't remember. They sent it back along with with a Donation check i wrote to cover expenses. They didn't want it so they're pretty Good. 

Hey thanks for the Reply Yo. Maybe I'll buy one and send it too your place to compare. I only have a Hawke Airmax 6x24-50 SFP and an Athlon Argos 6x24-50 FFP. Both of which I'll be selling on the cheap if anybody wants them.

I just want to put something Genuinely Good on top of my JSAR Raptor because i like it. They seem to be plugging along and getting it back together. I sent it in and they upgraded my trigger, valve and some other things i don't remember. They sent it back along with with a Donation check i wrote to cover expenses. They didn't want it so they're pretty Good. 

I believe Ilya designed the reticle that is only available on the 5-30 scope. I contacted them to see if they were going to offer that reticle on any of the other Optika 6 series and they said no.

I believe Ilya designed the reticle that is only available on the 5-30 scope. I contacted them to see if they were going to offer that reticle on any of the other Optika 6 series and they said no.

What is typical for Meopta is that their glass is really good but the reticles and other features that, in my opinion, should be on there are missing. Now with the Optika 6 line they are catching up with the turrets but most reticles still suck. They're majorly aiming for hunting and want to take a side step to precision shooting now. Hope they will get more serious in this since their glass beats most in the price range, don't know if this is still true for the Optika 6 though.

I've had the Meopta Meopro 6-18x50 for a couple of years, worked like a charm but was only a 1 inch tube, MOA turrets and a standard mildot reticle. Now they are coming with MRAD turrets and a bit better reticles :)

They send back your donation check...

Buy their Scope! That's still helping them out. Their scope though Chinese is PRETTY DAMN clear. You would be hard pressed to find one that can match theirs for 3x the price.

The Meopta optika is excellent. The 5-30x56 is Ilya Koshkin's pick of scope in that mag range under $1000 and there is a good review by him on youtube as well as one by BigJimFish over on snipershide, both of which you should check out.

I have the 3-18x56 ffp and it's is excellent, especially in terms of resolution. Contrast and colour are very good and there is absolutely no contrast loss/milkiness/blurring at max magnification. Image sharpness and flatness at the edges is good but lags behind scopes like the delta stryker, obviously. Chromatic aberration is more than the stryker, but is relatively minimal.

Parallax adjustment is very smooth and precise and the markings are remarkably well calibrated to actual distance. The turrets are very good and may be locking, non locking and covered, or a combination of both depending on mag and FFP/SFP. Click feel and sound are excellent and tracking on mine at least is bang on. The ffp models have zero stops.

The reticles available range from good to useless. Buy a good one I guess.

Mine is pretty close overall optically to my previous sightron-siii, but beats it in center resolution, field of view, parallax adjustment. Contrast and CA are close, but contrast is better at higher mags.

Overall these are very good scopes and in no way overpriced. Good luck getting one though!