Meopta Optik 6 FFP thoughts

Very good scopes. I had the same one with the Z-plus reticle. 

Didn't care for the ret, partly due to preferring Mil across all my scopes and also as its center dot is too big for my liking.

Apart from that I can't fault them - both the glass and turrets are excellent. Getting that reticle was my stupidity in any case. Despite my reservations I was too impatient to wait on the one with the Mrad reticle, which had a wait time of '1 month or more' due to their popularity. Lesson learned (possibly!).

Reactions: Batman2
I don't know what it is, but something about Meopta glass, that my eyes like. I actually like them a little better than S&B. I know you are not suppose to say that,LOL. The first one I ever bought was the one Cabelas put their name on. Still have that on a deer rifle. Think I have 3 or 4 others. Their optika line is very good. Don't like that dichroic , worthless to my eyes,. Like the RD. Even their 44mm are real good in dark woods or evenings. Here is the next Meopta I am going to buy & probably will be my last scope. I have been waiting for this scope for over a year now, long time coming to the American market. It is SFP. I am into good glass more than fancy rets. Do like illumination. 

https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/meopta-meostar-r2-2-5-15x56-rd-pa.html

I'd like to try out a Meopta. But I just cant seem to wrap my head around their reticles. I wish they could either do a mil or moa scope.

They have both mil (Mrad and mildot) and moa (Z-plus) based reticles, with matching turrets in the optika 6 line 🤷‍♂️

Just got to find one you like and actually in stock (generally more problematic than the former)

I'd like to try out a Meopta. But I just cant seem to wrap my head around their reticles. I wish they could either do a mil or moa scope.

They have both mil (Mrad and mildot) and moa (Z-plus) based reticles, with matching turrets in the optika 6 line 🤷‍♂️

Just got to find one you like and actually in stock (generally more problematic than the former)

Thanks, I should have been more specific. I have seen some of their mil/ moa scopes, but they are above $1000 US. My budget allows for 500-600 bucks for the type of shooting I do

They have both mil (Mrad and mildot) and moa (Z-plus) based reticles, with matching turrets in the optika 6 line
1f937-200d-2642-fe0f.svg

Thanks, I should have been more specific. I have seen some of their mil/ moa scopes, but they are above $1000 US. My budget allows for 500-600 bucks for the type of shooting I do

Oh okay, I get you 😄👍🏻 Hopefully you can find one on sale or on the classifieds at some point. 

I agree with you on the reticle selection. The other issue that I have with most of their scopes in the 25 yard minimum focus distance. I might overlook the latter, if I could find one reticle that I liked in their 3-18 Optika6. I mean come on and offer a simple tree reticle like NF MOAR. Their choices just seem to really odd vs a good solid basic basic reticle with graduated hash marks.