Meopta on Sale and Camera Land

Received the 3-18x50 ffp mrad1 and am happy and surprised to see 10 y on the parallax knob. Like everything about this scope so far minus at full power a pretty tight eye box.
This is replacing a 4-16 Discovery and I am doing a good job at turning this Taipan long into a long and heavy.
I will agree to the fairly tight eye box at 18X. What I found interesting just last night...I was shooting a 2" steel target at 50 meters at 18X from the bench. I dialed it all the way down to 3X and tried a few shots. Easy!! I think the glass quality makes taking shots at lower magnifications very doable...especially with the donut reticle as I find it really lends itself to centering the target in the circle. Most of my pesting I do at between 8X-12X while most of my target shooting 12X-18X.

Well, sad to report but the 4-20 did not work well with my shooting eye. As much as I fiddled with the diopter and the parallax wheel, I simply could not get it dialed into focus. I had it in a cradle (unmounted) next to a Leupold 6-18 Freedom, and was looking at objects at various distances. When I could see pellet holes clearly at 50 yds at @12X with the Leupold, the Meopta was fuzzy.

I called customer service at Cameraland and no problem returning the scope. I really like dealing with them.

Just goes to show you, that in spite of good reviews, how a scope works ultimately is up to each individual.

Really sorry to hear. Now I have to wonder if the 44mm is very different from the 50mm, or if you just got a bad copy? Ah well, sorry to have helped steer you into a waste of time.
No worries! I certainly wondered if maybe the scope they sent me might have been defective. Anyway, I chalk it up to a learning experience.

I bet the optika5 4-20x50 would have given your leopold it’s walking papers. Haha. The only thing fuzzy with that scope is the cleaning cloth thats in the box. For me though I want everything the optika 6 ffp has but in this optika 5.
FFP not SFP, milradians not moa, a larger/stronger elevation turret that locks and resets to zero.
Hopefully by only adding 2-2.5oz. As the RD version is around 23oz. So 25.5oz would be great. The reason being is the Optika 6 is great but a little large and a little heavy for some of my pellet rifles.
It would be like the little brother of maybe that would be the 3-15 power model.

Reactions: CyberDyneSystems
IMG_4410.jpg
IMG_4411.jpg
Just mounted a 2-10x42PA Optika 5 on a HW97K Blue Lam .177. Presently not sure which is better, the scope or rifle? It's clearly
a win, win.
IMG_4409.jpg