Meopta on Sale and Camera Land

Jake,

thanks, hints on good deals are always welcome! 👍🏼

Just a few days ago I had a guy (maybe you?! 👍🏼😊) recommend I look into the Meopta line — and I had to admit I had neglected that brand in my Scope Specs Tables.

So, when you posted this notice, I was on chill-mode and dove into the webpage.

Meopta has a really helpful catalog — because they basically have a specs table where you can see important specs at a glance.

Well, I counted
▪ 15 models with 10y parallax 😊
▪ 12 models with 25y parallax 😟

🔷 Unfortunatley for me, the 10y parallax models are almost all SFP scopes.
▪ And the 10y parallax models are low magnification models (a few go up to 15x).
▪ And the FoV of the higher magnification models was rather narrow on the bottom end.

So, I need to get the data onto my Specs Tables — I just didn't find anything that got my attention for a 4-20x FFP or a 5-30x FFP.

🔶 EXCEPT:
MeoPro Optika6 3-18x56 RD FFP
That's got to be a bunch of light entering that objective at only 18x max.!!

10y min. parallax = good
33ft Fov (@100y) = mid
14.5" (36.8cm) = long
30.5oz (865gr) = mid
90moa max. elevation adjustment = mid
0-Stop, but no revolution counter
10mil turrets
IR, daylight-bright
Reticle: MRAD 1 (gridded)

Price: $720 to $850

(Yeah, CameraLandNY does not have that model in stock....).

Matthias

Just fyi, some nice sale prices on Meopta scopes if you are interested. Ends Sept 6.
I just picked up three new Optika5 for prices comparable to much lesser scopes.
Sorry if I sound like a skipping record,. but the CZ glass is incredibly clear. I'm at the point where I am going to sell pretty much every scope I have that isn't Meopta.
I went to the website and the ad said "rebate". Does that mean you buy the scope for the listed price, and then get a rebate check mailed to you? Those are the best prices I've seen on new Meoptas!

Jake,

Just a few days ago I had a guy (maybe you?! 👍🏼😊) recommend I look into the Meopta line — and I had to admit I had neglected that brand in my Scope Specs Tables.

Meopta has a really helpful catalog — because they basically have a specs table where you can see important specs at a glance.

Well, I counted

▪ And the 10y parallax models are low magnification models (a few go up to 15x).
▪ And the FoV of the higher magnification models was rather narrow on the bottom end.

So, I need to get the data onto my Specs Tables — I just didn't find anything that got my attention for a 4-20x FFP or a 5-30x FFP.

🔶 EXCEPT:

10y min. parallax = good
33ft Fov (@100y) = mid
14.5" (36.8cm) = long
30.5oz (865gr) = mid
10mil turrets
IR, daylight-bright

Matthias
Hi Mathias,
Yes, the minimum parallax is a bummer. Much of what you have discovered are strong arguments why Meopta are the darlings of the hunting forums and to a lesser extent poweder burning long range target/silhouette, but not talked about much on Air rifle forums.
That 56mm 3-18 is legendary for dawn/dusk hunters.

I have the 4-27x50 Optika6 in FFP, and it's amazing, but I truly wish it was 10 (or even 15) yard side focus. It means I have to mount it to a rifle I have no intention of shooting close. There are absolutely other scopes out there with my air rifle friendly features. Problem is I have tried a few (Hawke, MTC, Sightron, UTG) and the glass does not even come close.
Obviously, many want/need FFP, but my absolute favorite scope right now is the Optika5 4-20x50mm SFP. It is crystal clear at 20X like no other scope I've used, focuses down to 10 yards.

If you get this scope before the end of their sale, please let us know how you like it. Maybe compare to some other comparable scopes
I've already got a 4-20mm mounted on my Kratos. It was the reason I got hooked on Meopta. Nothing else I have used compares. I just returned to Cameraland two Sightron (3-18 and 4-20) that I got on another great sale as recommended by some here. The glass was fine, but could not compete, so i sent them right back. The other glass i have used includes MTC, Hawke, Nikon, Crimson Trace (Japanese ED glass) Cabella's Covenent, Aimsport, ..

If I'd never bought that first Meopta (here used) I'd be pretty happy with everything except the MTC. The glass on the two MTC I have looks really bad, like shooting through a screen door. I can't understand how they get away it.

When I get the 3-15 I'll post an update. I hope it is as perfect as the 4-20

Reactions: Mr.H
P.S. Just fyi, the reason i am so "focused" on clear sharp glass, might be due to the fact that my bigger obsession is wildlife photography, where the lenses I use truly make or break the details of the photos. Cameras come and go, lenses are where it's at. So good glass is very important to me.

I've already got a 4-20mm mounted on my Kratos. It was the reason I got hooked on Meopta. Nothing else I have used compares. I just returned to Cameraland two Sightron (3-18 and 4-20) that I got on another great sale as recommended by some here. The glass was fine, but could not compete, so i sent them right back. The other glass i have used includes MTC, Hawke, Nikon, Crimson Trace (Japanese ED glass) Cabella's Covenent, Aimsport, ..

If I'd never bought that first Meopta (here used) I'd be pretty happy with everything except the MTC. The glass on the two MTC I have looks really bad, like shooting through a screen door. I can't understand how they get away it.

When I get the 3-15 I'll post an update. I hope it is as perfect as the 4-20
Maybe you can answer a question re: the Z-Plus reticle. Are the hash marks graduated at 2 MOA based on 10X@100 yds?

Reactions: CyberDyneSystems
Maybe you can answer a question re: the Z-Plus reticle. Are the hash marks graduated at 2 MOA based on 10X@100 yds?
Did you see this?
z plus reticle SFP.JPG

The reticle in my current Meopta is the BDC, so I can't comment yet, but the two I just ordered will be in the Z plus.

Reactions: Mr.H
Jake,

Well, I counted

🔶 EXCEPT:

10y min. parallax = good
33ft Fov (@100y) = mid
14.5" (36.8cm) = long
30.5oz (865gr) = mid
10mil turrets
IR, daylight-bright

Matthias
Yup, this is the exact thought process that I had before I ended up with this scope. Criminally underrated, imo. It ticks all the right boxes for me on my air rifle. I was plinking late this past evening and was again impressed with the low light clarity. It is a do-it-all scope...whether squirrel hunting in the woods(3X magnification for those close quarters and a large/bold 2 MIL donut in the center of the reticle which makes it quite effective for a FFP scope even at low magnifications), precision target shooting(the 18X despite having a snug eye box is still VERY clear and bright), stalking rabbits at night(illuminated reticle and again, 3X for those close quarters), indoor plinking at close ranges(focuses down to 10 yards), or massacring sparrows and starlings from the back deck(the Christmas tree style FFP reticle equals efficient and speedy 1) range 2) adjust parallax 3) shoot for a deadly sniping experience).

What it doesn't do so well with is in high noon sun shiny conditions where there is a lot of brightness reflecting about. I've a sunshade on the way to rectify this.

Jake,

Well, I counted

🔶 EXCEPT:

10y min. parallax = good
33ft Fov (@100y) = mid
14.5" (36.8cm) = long
30.5oz (865gr) = mid
10mil turrets
IR, daylight-bright

Matthias
Yes, but they have the 3-18x50 RD FFP MRAD in stock. IMO, a 56mm objective not only looks out of proportion on a 30mm tube but also means it can't be mounted as closely to the barrel. Additionally, the one optical weakness that this line of scopes have which is stray light/reflections entering the objective in direct sunlight will only be magnified by a larger objective. Take my word for it the 50mm model takes in PLENTY of light. It was a great buy at $725 and it's a GREAT buy at $680. Retail is $800...

Well, the 3-15 optika5 came in. It's very nice, as clear as the 4-20, not quite as bright (44mm vs. 50) but so close it's hard to tell. I feel like the box on the 4-20 @ 20x is more forgiving than the 3-15 at 15x, but it's still very good.

The reticle (Z plus) I am sure is more useful for the air rifle target shooter, but I will miss the big dichroic duplex on the edges of the BDC reticle. That reticle pops for hunting/pesting.

Thanks for your insight peaceful_ruler
it was the tipping point for me to get a Optika6
The size and weight was holding me back compared to the optika5 or anything large like 30oz. ish or bigger but preferring FFP and liking my other Meopta’s I ordered one.
They, like the Taipan its going on, just seem like a great bang for the buck purchase. Even though I will be studying, looking, desiring something lighter and possibly optically better I need to stay within my budget limits and the Meopta’s provide that for me. Happy happy- Meopta Taipan.
Also thany you CyberDyneSystems for the heads up on the sale and great photos believe one cut me.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberDyneSystems