• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Meet my two dogs

Timing and reward. Never negative enforcement.

Let the dog teach itself by you rewarding it at the right time. K9s live to please , the best way to teach is to let them reap the reward of finding out the right behavior on their own.

It makes them feel "accomplished"

They will then continue to exhibit this behavior because you (the bringer of all things good to them) will be happy with them.
My dog “Pringle” is a very good boy. My first golden retriever and wow am I impressed. Really easy going and easy to train. No negative reinforcement at all. The only problem I have with him is he is lazy at 7 months old. I do not think he can handle a day of hunting.

Sadie is my 9 yo blue healer. She is my reloading and hunting buddy! I love the remark about a "Velcro Dog!" That is what she is.:)
sadie2.jpg

Raden 1943, one of our dogs is Lab and Great Pyrenees. It's the light colored one in the above photo.
It's definitely a beautiful dog. Mine are more lazy and stubborn than my black lab used to be. They have been difficult to train. I wonder if great Pyrenees have traits that are more head strong and less eager to please than labs or if I just got really luck with the black lab. Either way they will be good companions. To bring this around to airguns I hope to train them to find my squirrel kills without eating them. They arnt really bread for hunting but who knows they might be useful.

Reactions: Moog
CTairgunner, I totally agree with you about dogs! We had 2 female chihuahuas that I'm sure were angels....they both have since passed away about 5 years ago and to this day I cannot look at photos or videos of them as I would break down and cry like a baby! I've said there are only 2 creatures that are good on this earth, dogs and dolfins......I witnessed a pod of dolfins form a circle around my friend who couldn't swim who fell out of a small boat we were fishing on...when he got back in they left then we saw a couple of sharks circling where the dolfins were.....
Well dolphins are also the only animals that form gangs and go around raping and killing for absolutely no reason but in general I agree. I used to go to sea world as a kid and they were always my favorites. Smart as hell. I swore one of those dolphins recognized me and always came up to me in a crowd of 70 to 100 people. Pretty cool how they helped your friend.

Well dolphins are also the only animals that form gangs and go around raping and killing for absolutely no reason but in general I agree. I used to go to sea world as a kid and they were always my favorites. Smart as hell. I swore one of those dolphins recognized me and always came up to me in a crowd of 70 to 100 people. Pretty cool how they helped your friend.
True! I long range tuna fish and they make eye contact with you. They are also the only other mammal species that are promiscuous just for fun, similar to us but more child like in actions.

I like dogs, but never had one myself.
But dogs like me, so much so as a youth having been naughty one night, we was 2 guys that had a police K9 on our ass, and it ran strait past me the slower runner and got my friend in the arm.
I dont think a police K9 are trained to do that.

I do consider myself a dog magnet, just found this selfie on my phone, taken as i have just sat down on the bench, and my fans are rushing in.

IMG_20220710_193720.jpg

That is Minito in the back, and Jackie looking at me to see if it is okay she crash the party, or maybe thinking " WTF is the guy sitting on the end of the bench so we cant sit either side of him"

Last edited:
I've been enjoying the pics of all the dogs! Y'all have some mighty fine friends! Here are my two: The Blue Heeler is my one year old, Moxie. The Coon Hound is a little older and her name is Bayou. Not sure where I'd be without my dogs, and I don't plan to find out!
View attachment 280263
Healers are a handfull, but nothing like 'em either. Too smart for themselves.😉 And us too.

Healers are a handfull, but nothing like 'em either. Too smart for themselves.😉 And us too.
Ain't that the truth! Moxie has a thing for passing vehicles. She wants to herd them in the worst way. But Bayou is the most laid back, easy going dog I have ever had. It all balances out.
I think we got Moxie out of a bad situation early enough to train away some of the damage done by the previous owners, who simply ended up with more dog than they could handle. Nothing to be done for it, though. She's mine now!

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_