• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Meeker Sportsman Club indoor 50’ BR (N. Central Ohio) (w/ Results & match updates)

Hi Frank,

I'd suggest you adhere to the N50 rules and even possibly join their organization if you plan to start up some organized 50Y matches. It's a great organization and they have far less rules than ARA. Our club joined N50 and when we hosted our first match last year airguns outnumbered the rimfire shooters which was pretty cool. We have already schedule monthly N50 matches for our 2023 season April - October.

We use NRA's A-36 50' rifle targets for our indoor matches since we are shooting at 50' distances. That target would be much too difficult to use for 50Y events. Therefore, we purchase and use the N-50 targets.

Here is a link to the N-50 rules
Thank you for the info. The club shot ARA for the last few years, but has abandoned it. I was hoping for air rifle only, but that may not go over. Have had a couple of members asked if they could shoot .2lr in the air rifle match. Looks like you guys are shooting a powder burner match and are letting sir rifles shoot in it.

Reactions: Loufish
Well Run Match, Thank you for having us. We will try to make it back. The competition was good, yet friendly, and it was good to meet new friends and bump into old friends. I'm still looking for a place that does USARB 25 M outdoor or indoor matches nearby.
Look no further than Sherwood Airgunners near Steubenville for 25yd indoor USARB sanctioned matches. Our next match is February 5. We have a Facebook group.

Thank you for the info. The club shot ARA for the last few years, but has abandoned it. I was hoping for air rifle only, but that may not go over. Have had a couple of members asked if they could shoot .2lr in the air rifle match. Looks like you guys are shooting a powder burner match and are letting sir rifles shoot in it.
Hi Frank:

N-50 has 3 classes:
1) Pellet only, .177 - .30
2) Sportsman (which is the equivalent of “factory” class in ARA) and also allows .177 - .30 slug or pellet airguns too
3) Pro which can be .177 - .22 slug or pellet air or “unlimited” .22 LR.

Pellet and Sportsman are scored with a .350” plug while the Pro class is scored with a .224” plug.

So, yes, air and .22LR can shoot side by side In N50.

We have a strong ARA following at our club and we have a few air gunners that wanted to compete too but they can’t shoot in ARA matches. The beauty of N50 is we can pull in ARA shooters PLUS allow air guns to compete too so it was a perfect fit for us. The scores will really amaze you as there are only a couple points separation between air and .22LR. I think the scores equally surprise the die hard powder burners too.

Last edited:
Look no further than Sherwood Airgunners near Steubenville for 25yd indoor USARB sanctioned matches. Our next match is February 5. We have a Facebook group.
Sherwood Airgunners is 6 hours each way. Which out of my travel constraints for now with work and family obligations although I'd love to give it a shot maybe in the summer months. I've talked with you guys before, and I've been mulling over the opportunity to shoot with you. Thanks again for the invite.

Due to time and indoor space constraints all future matches will be limited to 3 relays of 6 shooters or 18 total participants. Therefore, advanced registration will be required to reserve your shooting spot. Please txt 7 FOUR 0-6 NINE 2-33 FOUR 5 or email igolfat8 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com to reserve your spot.
When is the next match?

Hey folks,

Just a reminder that our next match is this coming Sunday Feb 5. Registration is at 1:00 pm and match begins promptly at 2:00 pm,. We are also requiring advanced registration now and the cut off is 18 shooters. We only have a few vacancies so please let me know if you want to reserve a spot. You can email me directly using my screen username igolfat8 followed by @yahoo.com

Thanks,
tim...

As of 2/2 we are full. We can add names to a waiting list if there is a cancellation. Please email or PM me if you want a spot.

Last edited:
We had 17 shooters turnout today for our indoor fun shoot. Here are the scores from today:
4D626F2B-C6C4-475C-8524-26152D7DF0F7.png

Last edited:
Reactions: pbike257
LOL, your probably right.

Now that I think about it the .177 shooters certainly have an advantage over larger caliber shooters on the animal silhouette targets . Perhaps we should plug the .177 holes with a .22 plug to even the score up a bit ;)
most air rifle scoring is plugged with a caliber neutral plug... I have some and make them if you're interested.

Hi Jeff,
Yes, we use worst edge scoring for the single animal silhouette target and we use best edge scoring for the three A-36 targets.

Hi Paul,
We use .224 OD plugs for scoring the .177 and .22 target holes in the A-36 targets and that has worked well so far. Up to this point we have only visually scored the silhouette targets but I think we will score them going forward with a .224 plug. I will likely get flamed for this but I am a work in progress and learning as I go. There is no money up for grabs and this was started as a "fun shoot" and we want to keep it that way yet still be fair to everyone who participates.

Last edited:
Hi Jeff,
Yes, we use worst edge scoring for the single animal silhouette target and we use best edge scoring for the three A-36 targets.

Hi Paul,
We use .224 OD plugs for scoring the .177 and .22 target holes in the A-36 targets and that has worked well so far. Up to this point we have only visually scored the silhouette targets but I think we will score them going forward with a .224 plug. I will likely get flamed for this but I am a work in progress and learning as I go. There is no money up for grabs and this was started as a "fun shoot" and we want to keep it that way yet still be fair to everyone who participates.
For the .22s I reduced the target size 13%.

Absolutely, we want to keep our matches fun and provide shooters some much needed trigger time and lead therapy in the winter months.

Each of our four targets are scored individually and then added to show a 4 card aggregate final score. Since we have already had several matches we will continue this season with the same scoring system. Perhaps we can change it up next winter.

We are having a total of 8 matches in the series and plant to hand out 1st, 2nd and 3rd place award plaques in the .22 Rimfire and also in the Pellet class at the last match in March. We will use a similar scoring system that N50 uses by taking the 3 highest match aggregate scores and add those together for a final aggregate score to determine the winners. Therefore, you only need to shoot in 3 of the 8 matches to have a chance to place in the series. Naturally the more matches you shoot in increases your odds of turning in better scores and having the bad ones buried and forgotten ;)

Last edited:
Hi Jeff,

Hi Paul,
i like it, keep it even and fair across the board