• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Medium sized filter with desiccant now available, link inside (only 32 beans!)

I've been using the small filters for my little compressors while wishing someone would make one that's just a little bit bigger and has desiccant - but not huge like my giant one because it takes forever to fill. Here is your happy medium! Only $32! I bought one and it is really nice, got here next day. Will be using this from here on out. Hopefully this helps someone reading who's been looking for something a little better than the tiny $14 ones with the foam elements in them.

That looks like it is about the size of a black one I use. I cannot tell if it has the dessicant inside a plastic cartridge, however. I've heard that is important to avoid a reaction between the dessicant and the aluminum housing. I use the stock filter that came with my Yong Heng first and then my extra one with the cartridge full of color changing dessicant. Works very well. It takes more than 6 tank fills for the dessicant to change color significantly. So I see no need for a bigger one (I actually bought one but have never used it). But I have both filters above the YH and draining back to it's vent which I open every 5 minutes of run time. I think that helps the filters not see as much moisture. I change the little white elements in the stock YH filter after each run.

Reactions: DesertSilver
I filled mine with the little round ball (tan) dessicant with blue indicator balls (blue balls? :unsure: ). I used the cotton filters with the length cut in half at each end to hold dessicant in filter housing. The brand was Hal-Hen, super dri-aid (for hearing aids). Works great. Other companies have the same offering.
20240209_140048.jpg

I've been using the small filters for my little compressors while wishing someone would make one that's just a little bit bigger and has desiccant - but not huge like my giant one because it takes forever to fill. Here is your happy medium! Only $32! I bought one and it is really nice, got here next day. Will be using this from here on out. Hopefully this helps someone reading who's been looking for something a little better than the tiny $14 ones with the foam elements in them.

Any chance you could post a picture of what the end caps and internal diameter look like with them unscrewed? Unfortunately they don't have a good pic of it on the listing.

But it does look promising!

It would NOT be safe to use without a plastic container sleeve since it consists of 4A molecular sieve.
This. My understanding is that you do not wan't the water absorbing material coming in contact with the metal sleeve as it will lead to corrosion. I'm also not comfortable with the little cotton discs supplied. It would appear that the only thing preventing the media from getting into the air line is that thin filter.

This product would be a hard pass for me.

You want a good filter take a look at the Altaros one.
Comes with a plastic sleeve to contain the media.

Reactions: LONESTAR .25
This. My understanding is that you do not wan't the water absorbing material coming in contact with the metal sleeve as it will lead to corrosion. I'm also not comfortable with the little cotton discs supplied. It would appear that the only thing preventing the media from getting into the air line is that thin filter.

Easier to get in the US than in the CZ...

And would it remove more water vapor:

That looks like a good size unit but I would dump the charcoal and add more desiccant or molecular sieve. That is unless you are planning on breathing the air. I'm reluctant to use such a device because it increases dramatically the time it needs to fill just a gun. So I'm pre-drying the air pressurized to 75 PSI with a large 2 quart desiccant filter. If you was just filling tanks then using this post filter won't make much difference in time but will ensure the driest air.

You can make you own reusable plastic sleeve for your beads with transparency sheets available from most office supply stores. Cut it to a width that can be rolled up, then roll it up and stuff it in the tube, and then expand it with both ends sticking out the tube. Tape those ends, then remove the resulting plastic tube and tape it in the center. Cut it to length, and put a section of the cotton filters at both ends with your desiccant media in the middle and voila - you have your own refillable filter media . . .

I like it. You think it may be overkill for GX Pump GX E L3 PCP?