• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Western Airguns Medical notice ! …. Cure to rabbit hole discovered !!!....NOP, FALSE ALARM !!

Dear fellows, for right or for wrong (absolutely arguably) the cure for the rabbit hole is the:

“””” SIDEWINDER “”””

Any time I try to justify a new PCP, I have not been able to find an advantage that can compete with what the Sidewinders already provide me. And I have made the analysis of many rifles.

Please be aware !

PD.- Just bought another one..... Did not got cured !!

Last edited:
@Emu Did you fall back in love with your Sidewinder? I thought your Ghost usurped the throne. Either way, you have a good collection of quality guns where you should be thoroughly satisfied if you get bored with a couple of them.
I did not kept the Ghost. My cousin did.

After I used the Ghost in the mule deer hunting, I bought the Delta in .30 Cal.... Really good rifle.

IMHO, if Western Airguns finds the way of:

A) Making the Sidewinder to be only Semi but with a superb adjustable trigger; and

B) Include a way of having a repeatable mark of power selector....

Then....

That rifle will have all the possible pros!

The size, the comfort of the Sidewinder plus the semi and the accuracy, are extraordinary combination.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I agree with you on the trigger its really bad :sick: but I disagree with your other points. I shot a friends Sidewinder and the sound and feeling of the hammerless valve action against my cheek was terrible. Even on the lowest power setting I felt like I was getting slapped and it made me want to wear earplugs and a safety shield. IMO this is not what makes an airgunnnn fun or enjoyable to shoot.

I agree with you on the trigger its really bad :sick: but I disagree with your other points. I shot a friends Sidewinder and the sound and feeling of the hammerless valve action against my cheek was terrible. Even on the lowest power setting I felt like I was getting slapped and it made me want to wear earplugs and a safety shield. IMO this is not what makes an airgunnnn fun or enjoyable to shoot.
You are right !

Every tool is good or bad depending on what we what it for.

I like a comfortable, powerful accurate, semi auto PCP that allow me to hunt making shot up to 160 yards with confidence.

I also have a Daystate Renegade .177 rifle that is as smooth as it can be, quiet as a mouse fart and accurate up to 70 yards without wind.

You may not compare them. Different tools for diverse tasks!

Last edited:
I got to try one out a couple months ago. Compared to the velvety Smoothness of my Boss & Royale in both feel & function it just doesn't appeal to me. Didn't care for the heavy, "grindy" feel of trigger & the mechanical loudness of its other functions. That's just me. I understand that others may love it. I'm happy for them. Nothing quite compares to an airgun that checks all one's boxes, so to speak. Consider yourself lucky Emu.

Dear fellows, for right or for wrong (absolutely arguably) the cure for the rabbit hole is the:

“””” SIDEWINDER “”””

Any time I try to justify a new PCP, I have not been able to find an advantage that can compete with what the Sidewinders already provide me. And I have made the analysis of many rifles.

Please be aware !
Been there done that… 15 rifles ago
I prefer a removable mag and strictly semiautomatic like the Steyr Pro X 10

I love mine. The sound doesn't bother me at all, but I'm used to shooting regular firearms. I've gotta wear hearing protection at the range anyway, since everyone else typically have normal firearms there, too. I've never worn hearing protection while hunting, though I've got significant hearing damage from that. Ah well. Anyway, yes my sidewinder has been great and really reliable so far.

@Emu I’d been eyeing one of those a while back. Why choose a .25 over a .30? I’m curious to read of your impression of this rifle.
I already have one Vulcan 3 700 mm in .30 Cal. Two years ago I took a small white tailed deer with it.

I decided the Vulcan 3 700 mm .25 Cal because I want a rifle to be absolutely accurate at 200 yards. But I do not like to shoot birds on trees with .30 Cal unless I am 100% sure nobody is behind. It has enough power to make serious damage.

Airgun Technology rifles are built like a tank, accurate as the must, easy to carry (FX Panthera Compact Hunter with the angled manometers is not comfortable to carry).

My Vulcan 2 Tactic .25 is amazingly accurate up to 150 yards, but is lack of power for longer distance; and do not give more than 45 shots per fill.

My Wolverine HR non HP in .25 Cal is a delight to shoot with, but only up to 100 yards, also laced in power for longer distances.

The Sidewinder has the power, but the trigger do not help to be confident that you will hit a golf ball 7 of ten times at 200 yards.

When going hunting with my 30-06 normally you have one shot that HAS to be shoot perfectly. You might have follow on shots, but in must cases, in a hurry.

There is no better practice for hunting, than shooting with an accurate air rifle at 200 yards. The cost of a hunting of a life time may be ten to twenty times the cost of the Vulcan 3. You better get there sharped in accuracy.