Mechanical or Electronic?

My general theory on all this is if I want something I must rely on is to keep it simple. If its something where it doesn't matter, then by all means have fun with all the extra gadgets on it.

Take tools, for example. While I love my Milwaukee impact, I would never trust it as my only means of a wrench while in the mountains, and if I need to save weight/space, it'll be one of the first things to be left home. A good set of hand tools never runs out of batteries or dies if dropped.

Now, as far as air guns go, well, I already have firearms to use as a reliable (and even there I have some gadgets that can be removed), so this would fall into the "fun" category for me since I really only plink, and if something were to not work (batteries, failure, whatever), its really not a big deal. That being said, I dont have any electronic air guns (yet), but I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Keeping an open mind I would like to try the electronic trigger and the faster lock time of these platforms however I'm pretty sure my groups wouldn't improve as I'm satisified with my mechanical triggers, Daystate FX Taipan I'm good. Printed this 5 shot .3" cc group last evening with my Bobcat .25 six year old gun benched at 49 yards, (double checked the range) it isn't even my best trigger...Electric trigger...I doubt it!
I'll send it to you Bill...You know my feelings...lol.
In a PCP air rifle, assuming a proper stock and rest, and good trigger technique, any difference in results between lock times of any quality fire control systems is immaterial. I'm open for correction, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Reactions: wijib