• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Meat cleaning question

I try to skin squirrels as soon as I pick them up unless I have others close by. The sooner you skin them the easier and cleaner they are for me. Skinning a squirrel warm is as easy as skinning a rabbit. I use a shopping bag to store in my coat until I get back to the cooler.

To get all the hair off I use running water and a brush. Hold the game under the water and brush. Comes right off don't take more than a couple minutes.

Reactions: moodyblues
Always wait till I get home. Snip tail with side cuts. Use a skinning hook to hang them by back legs, and pull skin down to neck turning it inside out. Keeps hair off meat. Remove head at neck and drop with body fur. Gut from neck to back and lets guts fall free. After removing feet I put them in a pot of cold water until got them all done. The few hairs that get on the meat I try to rinse when inside and cutting them up.

Hope this helps.
I've been using this method on them tree rats for years and if done right you'll rarely ever find a hair left on them.....GOOD EATING :)