Tuning Measurements for carbon fiber sleeve on FX superior liner?

The OD of my .30 liner is 9.89mm. The ID of the barrel tube is about 12mm at the threads my calipers don't go in far enough to get to the actual tube.

If you are just after something to stiffen the barrel then here are a couple of links. Ernest had some carbon fiber made special for this as there was nothing available on the market that fit. Scroll down on the first link to get to Ernest's post. Second link is to purchase the carbon fiber sleeve.

Link to https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/carbon-fiber-tubing-for-fx-impact-liner-and-shroud-mods/

https://910airguntuningandrepairsllc.com/collections/ernest-rowe-custom-shop/products/carbon-fiber-liner-sleeves-stx-liner-sleeves

I did it different with some 1 inch ID carbon fiber tube, that I had on hand, for a shroud change. I turned the stock compensator adapter down to fit and made a Delrin slip fit adapter part for the rear of the barrel tube. I made the assembly slightly longer so it contacted the gun at the rear and a tiny bit more so when I screwed the parts together it would put tension on the barrel. This werqed quite well and the barrel is very stable now. Accuracy seems to be unaffected.

I did something similar with just the barrel liner inside once also for my 2240.

Okay thanks, that makes sense.

Just a side note…some may question whether it’s worthwhile to mess with CF at anything thinner than 1mm wall. However starting with a barrel like the .30 cal whose wall is only ~1.1mm thick to begin with, a CF sleeve of almost any thickness will significantly stiffen things up. 

Or consider going bigger and turn down a portion of it. It cuts very cleanly on a lathe, but of course it’s abrasive so use a carbide cutter when possible and keep the dust out of moving parts. But more importantly, be sure to keep the dust out of your respiratory tract.

Reactions: monstr2
The OD of my .30 liner is 9.89mm. The ID of the barrel tube is about 12mm at the threads my calipers don't go in far enough to get to the actual tube.

Sounds pretty much ideal for a 10mm ID x 12mm OD tube. So the tube is somewhat smaller than 12mm?

I was thinking the same thing!!!

$15 on Amazon or $40 to 910 site???

I just made my own CF tubes to put on my liners. I made a mistake when I ordered and had to double stack the cf liners to get things closer to the proper size to fit on my .25 cal impact mk2 700 mm. i had to do alot of internal sanding to get them opened up to where they were a nice tight, snug fit on the liner. I didn't even have to glue them they are that snug fitting. Accuracy of my superior liner did improve.

I just made my own CF tubes to put on my liners. I made a mistake when I ordered and had to double stack the cf liners to get things closer to the proper size to fit on my .25 cal impact mk2 700 mm. i had to do alot of internal sanding to get them opened up to where they were a nice tight, snug fit on the liner. I didn't even have to glue them they are that snug fitting. Accuracy of my superior liner did improve.
Im going to do the double wrap, intentionally!