• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Me, my Krait (compact) and Utah Airguns

OK me first. I'm an old fart that's been shooting airguns and powder burners for fifty years or so. Not really a hunter but have been on limited occasions. Just out with a friend after small game or pestling. I like to shoot and for the longest time I have shot every day, mostly airguns. Any thing from an Edgun R5 super long in .30 to my 2240 pistol. I enjoy working on these things and after being a mechanical engineer and machinist all my life I feel comfortable doing so. I'm not the guy that's going to tear something apart to see how it works. “If it ain't broke, dont fix it”. I just want to shoot and enjoy the experience.

Onto the first Krait I received. Unpacked, held it, shouldered it, drooled over it. I really liked how the gun felt in my hands. Everything in the right place, good looks (at least in my opinion). I was thinking this thing is nice. I let it warm up, reg was set at 90b, test said 900 fps average, set up the chrono and the first shot was barely into the 600 range. It didn't get much better after that. Called UA, and after a day of tinkering (I wanted to see if this was just out of adjustment) it was decided from UA and myself that this thing (POS) was going back. They provided me a FedEx shipping label and instructions on what they wanted.

Utah Airguns was great to deal with. Everyone I spoke with or emailed did exactly what they said they were going to do. They had a new gun in my hands in 11 days, I'm in Michigan. The customer service I received was right up there. I can't complain about them at all. Good bunch of people over there.

Krait number two. Was happy to get a replacement so quickly, I was expecting around a month wait. Little test sheet supplied said 840 fps with 16 grainers. Over the chrono, it did 840. Wish they would have set it up for 18gr at 880 but oh well. The following work day I called them and asked on their procedure to adjust the hammer/reg to achieve this. They emailed me how they would go about this and it was just what I expected. You know the routine, small adjustments, hammer spring plateau, back off, increase reg and so on. Gun now shoots 18 grainers at 880 very accurately and inconstantly. Hammer is now about 1 full turn tighter, reg is at 110b. No noticeable reg creap and first few shots match the rest. What else did I do/not do, I don't fill to 300b, 220b or 230b is enough for my shooting. I don't fill and then put the gun away. I do monitor this thing like it was a patient in an intensive care and take notes. And finally I covered the cheek rest with neoprene for comfort and made a fill port cover.

I'm a pellet shooter and this gun fits me and my wants just fine. Would I recommend it, sure but realize the gun I have was not intended to shoot heavy slugs at high velocities IMO. I really dig this gun, it's fun to shoots, performs well at least for me, comfortable. I'm happy. :)
Thanks for reading & thanks to UA for helping out.
Mike

20221206_114427_resized.jpg

OK me first. I'm an old fart that's been shooting airguns and powder burners for fifty years or so. Not really a hunter but have been on limited occasions. Just out with a friend after small game or pestling. I like to shoot and for the longest time I have shot every day, mostly airguns. Any thing from an Edgun R5 super long in .30 to my 2240 pistol. I enjoy working on these things and after being a mechanical engineer and machinist all my life I feel comfortable doing so. I'm not the guy that's going to tear something apart to see how it works. “If it ain't broke, dont fix it”. I just want to shoot and enjoy the experience.

Onto the first Krait I received. Unpacked, held it, shouldered it, drooled over it. I really liked how the gun felt in my hands. Everything in the right place, good looks (at least in my opinion). I was thinking this thing is nice. I let it warm up, reg was set at 90b, test said 900 fps average, set up the chrono and the first shot was barely into the 600 range. It didn't get much better after that. Called UA, and after a day of tinkering (I wanted to see if this was just out of adjustment) it was decided from UA and myself that this thing (POS) was going back. They provided me a FedEx shipping label and instructions on what they wanted.

Utah Airguns was great to deal with. Everyone I spoke with or emailed did exactly what they said they were going to do. They had a new gun in my hands in 11 days, I'm in Michigan. The customer service I received was right up there. I can't complain about them at all. Good bunch of people over there.

Krait number two. Was happy to get a replacement so quickly, I was expecting around a month wait. Little test sheet supplied said 840 fps with 16 grainers. Over the chrono, it did 840. Wish they would have set it up for 18gr at 880 but oh well. The following work day I called them and asked on their procedure to adjust the hammer/reg to achieve this. They emailed me how they would go about this and it was just what I expected. You know the routine, small adjustments, hammer spring plateau, back off, increase reg and so on. Gun now shoots 18 grainers at 880 very accurately and inconstantly. Hammer is now about 1 full turn tighter, reg is at 110b. No noticeable reg creap and first few shots match the rest. What else did I do/not do, I don't fill to 300b, 220b or 230b is enough for my shooting. I don't fill and then put the gun away. I do monitor this thing like it was a patient in an intensive care and take notes. And finally I covered the cheek rest with neoprene for comfort and made a fill port cover.

I'm a pellet shooter and this gun fits me and my wants just fine. Would I recommend it, sure but realize the gun I have was not intended to shoot heavy slugs at high velocities IMO. I really dig this gun, it's fun to shoots, performs well at least for me, comfortable. I'm happy. :)
Thanks for reading & thanks to UA for helping out.
Mike

View attachment 311357
What is the barrel rifling type?
11664861538088.jpg
1maxresdefault.jpg