• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Resources MDT

You were never provided with an actual quote for a set of targets for ASC, nor have you requested one.
Please do not provide misinformation regarding pricing of our products. Our 20 fpe targets start at 250 for INDIVIDUAL targets and 350 for the higher power ones. For quantities over six we will provide a quote, as I mentioned to Scott in his pm and posted on the store page. If ASC would still like an actual quote for a set, please email me. As of yet I still have not heard from ASC for a quote, so I assume you are purchasing elsewhere.

For correct information please refer to:
Sorry, we got caught in a catch-22. You wanted ASC to set up a business account to get a quote and I wanted a ballpark idea on pricing that I could take to ASC so we could discuss setting up an account. I realize you are running a business, but please realize that I am not (at least not a field target business). I wish you nothing but success in your business ventures. It would be great if we could figure out a way for ASC to purchase some targets, but I'm not sure how to get there from here.

You were never provided with an actual quote for a set of targets for ASC, nor have you requested one.
Please do not provide misinformation regarding pricing of our products. Our 20 fpe targets start at 250 for INDIVIDUAL targets and 350 for the higher power ones. For quantities over six we will provide a quote, as I mentioned to Scott in his pm and posted on the store page. If ASC would still like an actual quote for a set, please email me. As of yet I still have not heard from ASC for a quote, so I assume you are purchasing elsewhere.

For correct information please refer to:
No misinformation @SqrlHntr. This is straight from your website.
IMG_9884.png

No misinformation @SqrlHntr. This is straight from your website.
View attachment 399736
Also states in the Description:
“All targets are cut and built to order, tested and tuned with hand cut springs. Additional options include adjustable mounting bases and paddle stripe paint. All targets come with a total of two additional reducers. Targets do not include rope, winders or bases, but are available.

Prices displayed are for general target construction and faceplate design only. Final cost may increase for metal market price, additional options and shipping methods. Quantity discounts of 6 or more are available, please inquire.

Construction time varies with quantity and complexity of face design. Custom designs may have additional lead times.

Shipping is not included.”

So again, for orders of more than 6, please inquire.
IMG_4556.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry, we got caught in a catch-22. You wanted ASC to set up a business account to get a quote and I wanted a ballpark idea on pricing that I could take to ASC so we could discuss setting up an account. I realize you are running a business, but please realize that I am not (at least not a field target business). I wish you nothing but success in your business ventures. It would be great if we could figure out a way for ASC to purchase some targets, but I'm not sure how to get there from here.
Not knowing what you want besides quantity makes it difficult to ballpark. Just have the club email me. A quote for an individual and one for a business will vary and it will most likely to be of ASC’s interest to email me.

...and they are the most expensive field targets ever.
They are the best you can buy. Very versatile and only powder coated mechanism on the market. You can buy once and cry once! If you want cheap and something that only works part of the time there are cheaper targets out there. If you want a target that is adjustable from 12 FPE to 110 FPE and work 100% of the time and will withstand. 22 LR standard velocity ammo too then why buy inferior targets that aren’t square, or dont have various reducer sizes, paddles that aren’t AR400 steel, that are not powder coated and every piece is interchangeable with any of S/S and MDT targets. All pieces are waterjet cut and hand fitted. Dare to compare!

They are the best you can buy. Very versatile and only powder coated mechanism on the market. You can buy once and cry once! If you want cheap and something that only works part of the time there are cheaper targets out there. If you want a target that is adjustable from 12 FPE to 110 FPE and work 100% of the time and will withstand. 22 LR standard velocity ammo too then why buy inferior targets that aren’t square, or dont have various reducer sizes, paddles that aren’t AR400 steel, that are not powder coated and every piece is interchangeable with any of S/S and MDT targets. All pieces are waterjet cut and hand fitted. Dare to compare!
I don't think anyone here disagrees. You make the BEST targets money can buy. Unfortunately most don't have the money, whether at an individual or club level.

I believe that other targets (Rhino, Knockover, Yegua) are as good as yours, but you have the most expensive ones and that was my initial post. Extreme FT is a smaller audience than traditional FT, and your targets are way overbuilt for a 20ft-lb muzzle energy limit even though you state they can go down to 12ft-lbs. The over 20ft-lbs capability is wasted on traditional FT venues and matches.

I do have one question, do your targets fall at 6ft-lbs energy at the paddle? This is what a pellet fired from a 12ft-lb muzzle energy gun will have at 55 yards. Thanks for a response.

Reactions: Sturkis
I believe that other targets (Rhino, Knockover, Yegua) are as good as yours, but you have the most expensive ones and that was my initial post. Extreme FT is a smaller audience than traditional FT, and your targets are way overbuilt for a 20ft-lb muzzle energy limit even though you state they can go down to 12ft-lbs. The over 20ft-lbs capability is wasted on traditional FT venues and matches.

I do have one question, do your targets fall at 6ft-lbs energy at the paddle? This is what a pellet fired from a 12ft-lb muzzle energy gun will have at 55 yards. Thanks for a response.
They will fall every time at 55 using a 10.5fp pistol at 65 yards. My targets only fall if paddle is hit. I have never said that they were the cheapest but that can be bought. But they are the best. People buy a $3000 rifle and put a $100 scope on it too. By the way how many of my targets do you have? I’m thinking none so kind of hard to compare if you neve tried one. But I’d you like shooting cheap targets then you have to go with what you like

I don't think anyone here disagrees. You make the BEST targets money can buy. Unfortunately most don't have the money, whether at an individual or club level.
I could use scrap metal and cobble something together that would maybe work 3/4 time. Paint a fancy faceplate and call it good. Wouldn’t be interchangeable and wouldn’t be interchangeable reducers. Gamo targets are $40 they work for a while but end up breaking. I can’t tell people what to spend their money on. But if you want the best and most reliable the you don’t go to Walmart to get it. Steel isn’t any cheaper and neither is labor and consumables. If you can make one and hand fit every one and use quality materials then bring it on. Never said I has going to get rich doing it but wanted to prove they could be made better

They will fall every time at 55 using a 10.5fp pistol at 65 yards. My targets only fall if paddle is hit. I have never said that they were the cheapest but that can be bought. But they are the best. People buy a $3000 rifle and put a $100 scope on it too. By the way how many of my targets do you have? I’m thinking none so kind of hard to compare if you neve tried one. But I’d you like shooting cheap targets then you have to go with what you like
Ive tried them at TExtreme matches. ASC doesn't own any yet, but we have many other FT targets that are also considered the best and perform the same as MDT, just not for more than 20ft-lbs.

Ive tried them at TExtreme matches. ASC doesn't own any yet, but we have many other FT targets that are also considered the best and perform the same as MDT, just not for more than 20ft-lbs.
You have never tried any of the MDT targets. Ron doesn’t have any of them. Tell me how easy the big targets you tried to repair went. You can’t make a purse out of a sows ear. You are trying to compare apples and oranges. Everyone thinks theirs it the best until you put them side by side. You can buy target from South African for $20. And they will work. But if you have never used or shot one of mine you are making statements you can’t backup!

You have never tried any of the MDT targets. Ron doesn’t have any of them. Tell me how easy the big targets you tried to repair went. You can’t make a purse out of a sows ear. You are trying to compare apples and oranges. Everyone thinks theirs it the best until you put them side by side. You can buy target from South African for $20. And they will work. But if you have never used or shot one of mine you are making statements you can’t backup
Ok, I guess I didn't try yours; I thought @zx10wall said the two targets Team Centercut donated were from MDT. My mistake. No worries.

It is good to know that you know who I am and that I know good targets when I see them, because I fixed Ron's other EFT targets that were made by I don't know who with a fairly easy upgrade that made them reliable now for EFT. They work very well. I am telling you this; your targets are more expensive than the Knockover, Rhino and Yegua targets that we have and they don't work any better for FT with a 20ft-lb limit. We are lucky that we have a large inventory of these targets, or we couldn't afford to get started and be able to run two courses of targets if we had to purchase MDT or S&S targets. IMO, new targets that are better than Gamo's have gotten out of hand with regards to cost.

Ok, I guess I didn't try yours; I thought @zx10wall said the two targets Team Centercut donated were from MDT. My mistake. No worries.

It is good to know that you know who I am and that I know good targets when I see them, because I fixed Ron's other EFT targets that were made by I don't know who with a fairly easy upgrade that made them reliable now for EFT. They work very well. I am telling you this; your targets are more expensive than the Knockover, Rhino and Yegua targets that we have and they don't work any better for FT with a 20ft-lb limit. We are lucky that we have a large inventory of these targets, or we couldn't afford to get started and be able to run two courses of targets if we had to purchase MDT or S&S targets. IMO, new targets that are better than Gamo's have gotten out of hand with regards to cost.
Well a Masarati is more expensive than a Volkswagen. But you can’t blanket compare 2) items if you haven’t driven the 2). I have seen and tore the who knows who targets and they are not square, they cannot be torn apart and be reassembled using the random parts of 3) different targets, all my parts are interchangeable and will work every time. I am constantly redesigning them to make them more functional and more user friendly. So until you have all the facts and have compared everything side by side just remember your opinions are your own and should not be meant to demean someone else’s product. I’m not sure if you even know what it takes to design, clean parts one by one, tack and fit everything together to make sure each on works properly before final welding. Then sandblast every piece then powder coat each mechanism. Then reassemble each one and adjust each one. So I would say until you can do all this then your opinion is mute! I know where your loyalties lie and doesn’t impress me at all. Thanks for your comments

Reactions: SqrlHntr
You have never tried any of the MDT targets. Ron doesn’t have any of them. Tell me how easy the big targets you tried to repair went. You can’t make a purse out of a sows ear. You are trying to compare apples and oranges. Everyone thinks theirs it the best until you put them side by side. You can buy target from South African for $20. And they will work. But if you have never used or shot one of mine you are making statements you can’t backup!
Mike, Ron does have two (at least) of your targets. I know this because I gave him my Elmo a year ago that I bought from you three years ago. Team Centercut also bought from you and donated a Sasquatch target this past Spring. Ron has both of them on the same lane (5?).
So everyone that shoots TexTreme EFT at Ranchito Robinson has shot at least a few shots at your targets, including Jeff.

Reactions: cavedweller
Well a Masarati is more expensive than a Volkswagen. But you can’t blanket compare 2) items if you haven’t driven the 2). I have seen and tore the who knows who targets and they are not square, they cannot be torn apart and be reassembled using the random parts of 3) different targets, all my parts are interchangeable and will work every time. I am constantly redesigning them to make them more functional and more user friendly. So until you have all the facts and have compared everything side by side just remember your opinions are your own and should not be meant to demean someone else’s product. I’m not sure if you even know what it takes to design, clean parts one by one, tack and fit everything together to make sure each on works properly before final welding. Then sandblast every piece then powder coat each mechanism. Then reassemble each one and adjust each one. So I would say until you can do all this then your opinion is mute! I know where your loyalties lie and doesn’t impress me at all. Thanks for your comments
I have never demeaned MDT targets nor S&S targets. My original statement was that they are the most expensive targets out there, and that was it. My further posts were simply my responses to your posts about the quality of your targets being the best. I think they are really good. Perhaps my club will buy 20-30 targets in the future if we start EFT here in Texas, because there are only 2 high quality sources for EFT targets. BTW, I have no loyalties with regards to EFT or targets, but I do have over 30 years of experience designing and building and repairing products that have interchangeable parts, so my opinion in these matters isn’t “moot”.

Mike, Ron does have two (at least) of your targets. I know this because I gave him my Elmo a year ago that I bought from you three years ago. Team Centercut also bought from you and donated a Sasquatch target this past Spring. Ron has both of them on the same lane (5?).
So everyone that shoots TexTreme EFT at Ranchito Robinson has shot at least a few shots at your targets, including Jeff.
Mike those are not my small MDT targets. They are the big ones that have been redesigned at let 4 times.

I have never demeaned MDT targets nor S&S targets. My original statement was that they are the most expensive targets out there, and that was it. My further posts were simply my responses to your posts about the quality of your targets being the best. I think they are really good. Perhaps my club will buy 20-30 targets in the future if we start EFT here in Texas, because there are only 2 high quality sources for EFT targets. BTW, I have no loyalties with regards to EFT or targets, but I do have over 30 years of experience designing and building and repairing products that have interchangeable parts, so my opinion in these matters isn’t “moot”.
Well let’s see your targets you have built. Try building the the same quality target with the same quality parts and then tell me about cost

Mike those are not my small MDT targets. They are the big ones that have been redesigned at let 4 times.
Understood. The big EFT targets. Elmo is/was an old design but Sasquatch is under a year old. They are both used for EFT up to 100 fpe. And both work great.

Mike, an unsolicited word of advice. Don’t get defensive about your targets and the cost. You make then in the USA (not China), they are hand crafted in Arizona, they are made with American Steel, the components are top quality and they function as designed. Plus they look great. BMW doesn’t try and justify their high cost, you pay for quality. Same with your targets. I’m sure you stand behind them and any breakage or malfunctions you’ll make it right. So just rest knowing that if you want the best it’ll cost more. You don’t hear shooters whining about the $4K plus they pay for a Thomas FT gun and you don’t hear the owner arguing to justify his price. Same goes for you.

Last edited:
“…and your targets are way overbuilt for a 20ft-lb muzzle energy limit even though you state they can go down to 12ft-lbs. The over 20ft-lbs capability is wasted on traditional FT venues and matches.” This can be interpreted by potential customers that an actual design feature, which contributes to the durability and lifespan of the product, is of no value to the end user and is thus wasted money. The large targets can take up to a 22LR and can go down to 12fpe which, if allowing the above statement to go unchecked, would follow that its also wasted to have a more durable, longer lasting and dual-class target. The statement “We are lucky that we have a large inventory of these targets, or we couldn't afford to get started and be able to run two courses of targets if we had to purchase MDT or S&S targets.” suggests to a potential club or quantity buyers that our targets are unaffordable and thus not as accessible than other targets. Not a statement anyone on this thread can accurately make because nobody in this thread has asked for a quantity quote.

@Centercut -We do rest knowing they are the best. But we also have to defend our product from unsupported statements that attempt to cheapen or lessen the reputation of our targets and detract from potential business. Im sure your sponsor would be defensive if similar unchecked statements were made regarding the targets they offer.

@cavedweller-Im sure this thread was not intended for this type of discussion, for that, I apologize for my part. You marked it with a RESOURCES tag.

@Michael - same.

If anyone wishes to do a target specific thread in another thread/section comparing features and functionality of targets, I’m sure a lively and colorful discussion will develop. All we say is Dare to Compare.

For more information on either size of targets, please contact [email protected] or visit:

Reactions: cavedweller