MCH-6 Coltri

Since they're are some folks that seem to know a little more about wiring and electricity in this thread than I, here's a question:

Do you leave your compressors (Coltri, Alkin, etc) plugged in to your outlet when not in use?

I am repurposing a no longer needed 220 30amp 2-pole breaker. It terminates in a box about 3 feet from the panel. I will extend the run an additional 25 feet using 10/3 wire with a dedicated outlet for my Alkin. I am wondering if I can leave the compressor plugged in when not in use or if it would be safer for the unit to unplug it when not in use.

Unplugging it is safer? If you won't be using it for months, than unplugging is OK. If you are worried about a surge, if the on/off switch is turned off, the surge won't damage it. If the lighting strike was severe enough to damage equipment that was turned off, I think you would have bigger problems than worrying about your compressor. Frequent plugging/unplugging is more likely to cause problems. I leave mine plugged in 24/7. Same with all my stationary appliances and equipment.