May FLOWERS - Target Shooting Challenge!

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
April showers bring May flowers >>> for us to shoot!!!

We’ve got 2 challenges for you to pick from (or do both). Capture a few pictures or video of the intro, shooting, & results. Share your results on AGN (4 minutes or less for direct video upload), and/or share to FB & IG by tagging us @airgunnationforum and using #AGNmonthly

Challenge #1: Download and print the target. Take 1 shot at each flower.

1683041359323.png

Challenge #2 - If paper punching isn’t your thing… swap out the paper for a wild flower! Shoot it off-the-stem or atomize the flower itself. Just be sure you have a safe back drop and it's not some kind of "protected" flower.

1683041436343.png

To upload a video click the “Attach File” button > select your video file > click upload > the video will prepare then upload itself > once the upload has been completed click “Insert” to embed it into your reply.

1680555054276.png

*1 or more winners will be selected at the end of the month and will receive their choice of 1 free tin of projectiles from JSB/Predator!! 🤙 If you live outside of the USA, it'll be up to JSB to decide if shipping to your location is feasible.

1680364744131.png

Good luck and have some fun with it!

View attachment AGN_Monthly_5-23.docx

Hello again, Challenge Shooters!!

I shot my first submission today in pretty high wind. My shots were all over the place. Here is the video of Mother Nature showing me who's boss:

Even though my shooting sucked in the wind, hopefully @Tominco will be pleased that I presented the Accu-Tac bipod like he does "Of Course"! (y)

Since it was pretty hard to see where the pellets actually went in, I took a variety of highlighters and marked the hole and the bullseye that it was supposed to go into.
20230502_144135_Cropped.jpg

Obviously, I was off by a lot in a variety of directions. I had a sight-in target right next to this target that I used to adjust my scope as best I could before starting. Since I had my scope sighted in before starting, I tried not to compensate my aim from the previous shot and just centered the crosshairs every time. My Avenger is pretty "stiff/true" now, so I believe that this was the influence of the wind (and my aim) more so than from my over-under correcting. You can see from the footage too that I was taking my shots pretty "mechanically" in that I wasn't stopping because of the wind and was just going. This is particularly noticeable in shots 13 & 14.

I plan on trying this again when it is calmer outside, but I wanted to get my name on the challenge straight away. It's good to be the king 👑...at least for now. Sitting here on my little throne, just waiting to get knocked off...:cool:

Last edited:
Hello again, Challenge Shooters!!

I shot my first submission today in pretty high wind. My shots were all over the place. Here is the video of Mother Nature showing me who's boss:

Since it was pretty hard to see where the pellets actually went in, I took a variety of highlighters and marked the hole and the bullseye that it was supposed to go into.
View attachment 353093
Obviously, I was off by a lot in a variety of directions. I had a sight-in target right next to this target that I used to adjust my scope as best I could before starting.

I plan on trying this again when it is calmer outside, but I wanted to get my name on the challenge straight away. It's good to be the king 👑...at least for now. Sitting here on my little throne, just waiting to get knocked off...:cool:
I love how you've already completed the challenge! ...and how you used a highlighter to show the desired POI.

I think I'll give this a go with my Air Arms TX200 first 🎇

-Michael

Reactions: SkeeterHawk
Hajimoto Productions Entry into the AGN May FLOWERS - Target Shooting Challenge!

Shooting an FX Crown MKII 700MM Barrel, Flying AVS 23.3gr HP @ 945FPS shooting a dandelion at 50 yards. All video captured through the OrionCam and the FireFly 8SE @120 Frames per Second @ 1920x1080

Hajimoto Productions Entry into the AGN May FLOWERS - Target Shooting Challenge!

Shooting an FX Crown MKII 700MM Barrel, Flying AVS 23.3gr HP @ 945FPS shooting a dandelion at 50 yards. All video captured through the OrionCam and the FireFly 8SE @120 Frames per Second @ 1920x1080
Haj, you obliterated that thing! 🤯

First of all, Scott D & I are airgun shooters not photographers. I did not have to say this because it will be obvious as you view this video. I shot a prickly pear cactus about 25 yds. Would have shot further but Scott wouldn’t climb over the fence.
Great shooting Chuck! Now I know what a prickly pear cactus looks like! 🌵

Reactions: .20calguy