• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results May 2023 ASC FT Match Results

FT Match Report Arlington Sportsman’s Club 05/27/2023

In what is becoming something of a trend at ASC, May’s FT match had a very difficult Troyer level once again. The average Troyer this month was 34.3, SD 6.16, Avg Dist 33 yds, and Avg KZ 1.08”. Scott moved and added a couple of elevated tree targets to spice things up this month, and I placed more than a few targets at the limits of what is legal under AAFTA rules. It seems that Scott decided to get even with me for leaving him to setup last month by himself, so he went on vacation and left me to do everything this month! Well played, sir. LOL. The course consisted once again of 2 targets per lane on 15 lanes and conformed to all AAFTA rules. We used the tower on Lane 14 for the offhand shooting position again this month, and new ASC member Kirk Darroch added some pull-string routing doohickeys to improve the reset of these targets due to the elevated nature of the shooting position and the resulting angled string geometry. They work very well, and we will continue to use them. Way to make an impact, Kirk! This month I introduced a couple of “new to ASC” targets that I purchased from Roz Sumpter and the now defunct Good Ole Boys FT club in Pulaski Tennessee to honor the traditions of FT in the US. We have targets from the former Yegua, Kermit, Northern California, Pecan Plantation, Dallas FT Airgun Clubs. I have a few more to introduce from GOB once I get them cleaned up and repainted. Thanks again to everyone who helps me run and takedown the course each month. Kudos!!

It was another perfect spring Texas day for shooting, but I think these are at an end until October! The temps started in the 70’s and rose into the mid-80’s while the winds were mostly from the northwest at about 5mph. Shooters came from as far as Tulsa, Austin, San Antonio, and Arkansas to shoot with us today. We started almost on time at 9:10am after short safety and rules meeting, and then spread out on the course “shotgun” style and started shooting.

Hunter PCP had 10 shooters competing. 1st place was Thom Davies shooting his FX Royale with Sightron scope with 53/60 beating out David Turner who finished 2nd by only one point shooting his Daystate Redwolf with a Sightron scope too. Rick Cuccio tied Paul Bracaglia for 3rd place both with a 50/60. Rick and Thom had a long drive home with lots of time to discuss how and where Thom bested Rick this month (Hint: it was the offhand lanes, Rick). I am sure they will remain friends though and be back next month to shoot it out once again.

In WFTF, we had three shooters. Eric Pianori finished 1st today with a 50/60 shooting his Tau Brno beating me with a 47/60 and Stan Kaloyanov (our long-distance winner each month).

We had one Hunter Piston and one Unlimited and one Pistol and one Open shooter today. Each of these shooters finished 1stin class. Vance Lowe returned to shoot with us after a long spell and proceeded to shoot a 53/60 in Open with his USFT smiling and laughing all the way. Congrats to you all!

You can see all the other scores and the equipment used in the table below. Take a look at the growing content of our shooting score analyses website https://airgunshoot.com/ that shows your score on each lane, your hit percentage by lane or near/mid/far targets, how you compare to your class average, your class winner, and the HOA winner. Thanks to Scott for his work on this, you should be able to tease out some areas where you can improve and hopefully finish higher in the standings.

Our next match will be on Saturday June 24 which is our usual 4th Saturday and right after I get back from RMAC. This match will start promptly at 9:00am (if not a little earlier) since we are in the warmer months. Next month we will also use timers again to help everyone move along at a good pace and get done before it gets too hot.

See you at the next match,
Jeff Cloud
Field Target Match Director
Arlington Sportsman’s Club

May2023ResultsSnapshot.png

IMG_9278.jpeg
IMG_9281.jpeg
IMG_9285.jpeg
IMG_9287.jpeg
IMG_9288.jpeg
IMG_9292.jpeg
IMG_9293.jpeg