• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maximus Routine Maintenance Advice

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. If not please steer me to the correct forum. I've had my .22 maximus for a couple of months now and am very pleased with it. It is accurate and simple to use. Still in the pellet testing phase and have found a couple that group well so far.

I was wondering what type of routine maintenance I should be performing and how often. This my first pcp so I'm looking for advice. Should I be routinely lubricating anything internally and if so, how would I do that? I have 30w silicone oil.

Also, should I order replacement o rings and/or a reseal kit (if there is such a thing) to have on hand? I assume if one o ring needs replacement they should all be replaced while you're at it.

Thanks all,

Mikey

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. If not please steer me to the correct forum. I've had my .22 maximus for a couple of months now and am very pleased with it. It is accurate and simple to use. Still in the pellet testing phase and have found a couple that group well so far.

I was wondering what type of routine maintenance I should be performing and how often. This my first pcp so I'm looking for advice. Should I be routinely lubricating anything internally and if so, how would I do that? I have 30w silicone oil.

Also, should I order replacement o rings and/or a reseal kit (if there is such a thing) to have on hand? I assume if one o ring needs replacement they should all be replaced while you're at it.

Thanks all,

Mikey

O-rings are a pcp's lifeline. Keep them around. Clean the barrel every 100-300shots. All i've ever done to mine. I use a pull-thru and a little Goo-gone on the patch.