Maximus Hunters Kit (graphic content added)

I also did the 2 screw, lighter spring mod on my Disco. Made a world of difference! Then I saw Dennis Baker had a kit with screws, spring and brass trigger for much less than the Alliance one--twenty something bucks, so I ordered it.
Btw, I had a brain fart when I thought you couldn't use a TKO with the "Hunter" barrel. Of course you can by just removing the attachment with the allen screw! I wuz thinking it was a permanent part of the barrel. Duhhhhh....

"ajshoots"John, I never had poi problems with any of my disco's and thus far, the Maximus is holding poi just fine.

I was always under the impression that the only issues with the tiny breech screw were if the gun was converted to high power .25 or larger calibers. The fix for that was to put a second barrel band right up against the front of the breech and inlet the stock to fit.

I did have a couple disco's that I used 2 barrel bands. One clear out towards the muzzle end and one tight to the stock for end. Never could tell that it made much difference, but it surely made the barrel solid!!
AJ, I tried the second barrel band on mine-it made things worse by actually pulling the breech away from the air tube. Since I have a couple Marauders and my little CZ s200 I doubt I will try the Maximus, but it sounds as if my Katana was a bit of a dud so I will recommend the Discovery and Maximus to new shooters on a budget. Big value in a PCP IMO!
John

Spent some time shooting the Maximus yesterday. So, my thoughts....

It is a bargain pcp and hits that mark very well. Price is great, lite weight, and plenty accurate. I have had absolutely zero issues and the POI has remained rock solid.

However, I don't care much for the trigger. My preference is 7-10oz single stage triggers. With some easy mods it is still damn near a 3lbs trigger. For the price and the intended market, it should be fine for most people. The bolt handle has a tendency to kind of flop around and really doesn't lock down solid when in the closed position. Not getting any blow by at the breech, but it does annoy me all the same.

Even though it is a full length rifle, it swings and handles very well. It really should make a great bargain pcp for those looking at the Maximus.

Maybe I have just been lucky, but the few guns I have recently gotten from Crosman have been great out of the box. Hoping this may be the new norm?

Just got my Neil Clague LDC'S for the Maximus. The gun is now dead quiet!! Superior craftsmanship and perform. Shot a number of groups and NO poi change at all. No clipping, just screw it on and start shooting.

Of course it adds some length to the gun, but the LDC is lightweight so it didn't really change the balance. This is my first NC LDC and it is by far the best I have ever had.

I was outback shooting some paper to verify the POI had not changed and double check I had no clipping. The gun is now so quiet, that after a dozen or more shots and just a split second after taking a shot, a starling landed right next to my target board and quickly but quietly expired!!

Ajshoots said . . .
"The only issue I have had with tko’s is the threads in the delrin that hold the set screws strip easy."

The other side of this issue is don't tighten enough and the tko follows the pellet down range, albeit at a lower velocity.

Interference between the tko and female Foster is a pain, my go the file to fit correction mentioned here,

"Goodtogo"
"RidinLou"Oldcorps

Do you have a link for that Dennis Baker Disco/Maximus trigger kit

I think this is what you want? https://www.bakerairguns.com/product/discovery-triggers/

Yessir, that'd be it.

Now, AJ--Do you have a link to the Neil Clauge LDCs? I'm wondering if one would fit on the barrel of my NP2. I'm thinking the threads are probably the same as the Hunter Maxi. I really don't care for the look of the plastic shroud & it likes to loosen up when cocking. Thanks!

Ed

After spending some time with this Maximus, it is now my go too pest gun around the house. With the Clague LDC, it is so quiet!! I have taken about 30 starlings in the past week and about as many hosp. Last night I walked out to my shop, and when the motion lights came on a coon ran from near the hen house. The house and run are sealed up tight to keep critters out, but I think I will be setting up with the Maximus to end a problem before it starts!!