Max grain?

Gas piston is a "break barrel" no spring involved. 

Am I wrong? 

1546005783_10258354715c262d17c1cb67.10354812_piston-2.jpg

Anyway, the "damage" refers to the spring being affected from the extra pressure of having to move the heavier grain weight. I have heard of pistons, seals, and springs breaking because if this.

I don't want to run 110gr through it but I have access to 68gr slugs which are about 20-30 grain heavier than commercial pellets. 

....you're exactly right...the gas rams or hpa struts handle heavy pellets much better - and heavy pellets in my spring/piston guns have broken springs , but i can tell when it is over-stressing the internals nowdays before that happens....that funny feeling shot cycle and rattle.....makes your heart sink and your skin freeze like seeing a blue screen on a computer.... i find a gas rammer that shoots fine every once in a while - maybe it'd be more often if i could more afford the theoben gas rammed airguns. i find i just like the shot cycle of an actual spring , tho.... idk if it's what i'm used to or what. -- but even more so , i have been struggling to properly address these types of airguns (my favorites). spring piston used to be a really good way to cover all of em : break barrel, under-lever, side-lever (browning even made an electric motor cocking spring-piston air rifle - the heavy browning airstar) ..... .. but what now ? piston guns ? or gas-ram/piston // spring/piston guns ? or how about : strut-spring/piston guns ?