• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maverick

I can not say if the .25 cal will behave the same as the .22. But my .22 compact shot better with the pellet transfer port. The gun came with the slug port facing down from the barrel, and by using the pellet port I lost maybe, 20-30 fps (can not remember exactly), but got tighter spread on the chronograph, and better accuracy. So I would test the gun first as it arrives, trying just different settings on the powerwheel, and then turn the barrel 180 degree, and try the same settings on the wheel.

I have a 700mm .25 maverick. Mine however is tuned for power. I’m shooting 34.9 gr nsa slugs at between 1040 to 1050 fps.
you didn’t specify what ammo you intend to shoot, but I imagine if your going for accuracy the 25.39 JSB may be a good place to start. I think the consensus is that those pellets fly well between 850 to 950 fps. I’ve not done this but if I were I would start out with the second reg at 100 bar and tune the power wheel to just below the power “knee”. Work upwards from there until you see the speeds I mentioned and are getting good grouping. Hope that helps.

I get the same results , If shooting slugs or 34g, use slug port. Shooting 25g, shoot pellet port.
With the long barrel I would not shoot the lighter ammo. Mine shoots MOA ( I DONT SHOOT MOA!!)
I swear the 38.9 NSA shoot as well or better than pellets @ 100 and out. Just as well @50 +.
Pellets are cheaper if your not hunting or trying to range buffalo.😁

Reactions: PBuffa and robbos
I get the same results , If shooting slugs or 34g, use slug port. Shooting 25g, shoot pellet port.
With the long barrel I would not shoot the lighter ammo. Mine shoots MOA ( I DONT SHOOT MOA!!)
I swear the 38.9 NSA shoot as well or better than pellets @ 100 and out. Just as well @50 +.
Pellets are cheaper if your not hunting or trying to range buffalo.😁
Good advice right here I would say 👆👆👆
Just don't over do it with your 2nd reg pressure, 95-110bar should be easy to tune and offer accuracy to boot.

Patrick

Reactions: PBuffa