• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Maverick won’t stay cocked. (RESOLVED)

If the Maverick is like a Wildcat MK 3 which I think is similar in terms of cocking linkage, there are 3 thinks you can check, 1) the jammed pellet which you have recommendations to do, 2) even though the 4 screws that hold that linkage may be secure, loosen them and realign the linkage to the point the action stays cocked, (typically needs to slip back a small amount, IME), and 3) the back screw on the adjustments is the Safety, adjust that last screw (check diagrams to verify the screw), may need a small adjustment. These 3 were the common source of corrections on my Wildcat.

All of the above are DIY adjustments which you will need to become familiar with if the Maverick is similar to the Wildcat MK3, at least this was my experience. HTH.

If the Maverick is like a Wildcat MK 3 which I think is similar in terms of cocking linkage, there are 3 thinks you can check, 1) the jammed pellet which you have recommendations to do, 2) even though the 4 screws that hold that linkage may be secure, loosen them and realign the linkage to the point the action stays cocked, (typically needs to slip back a small amount, IME), and 3) the back screw on the adjustments is the Safety, adjust that last screw (check diagrams to verify the screw), may need a small adjustment. These 3 were the common source of corrections on my Wildcat.

All of the above are DIY adjustments which you will need to become familiar with if the Maverick is similar to the Wildcat MK3, at least this was my experience. HTH.

bdmoody that’s for the information and for giving me a goos starting point. I’ll be sure to follow up if I find anything.