• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Maverick won’t stay cocked. (RESOLVED)

So I was able to resolve the issue. The first stage screw was pretty much all the way backed out and was not engaging the sear. Once I adjusted it and adjusted the second stage the trigger returns back and I and able to cock the gun. Thank you to everyone that gave me ideas and tried to held out. I also found out that my Maverick has the double transfer port and it was on the pellets setting so I rotated it over to the duel slug port. I was shooting 25 cal hybrids at 970 so I’m curious to see what it will be now. If sounds a little louder without the moderator on.

So I was able to resolve the issue. The first stage screw was pretty much all the way backed out and was not engaging the sear. Once I adjusted it and adjusted the second stage the trigger returns back and I and able to cock the gun. Thank you to everyone that gave me ideas and tried to held out. I also found out that my Maverick has the double transfer port and it was on the pellets setting so I rotated it over to the duel slug port. I was shooting 25 cal hybrids at 970 so I’m curious to see what it will be now. If sounds a little louder without the moderator on.

Glad you got everything worked out👍

I just find out about the dual transfer port too, my Maverick is from the first batch. Is your port marked S and P? Mine isn't.

B

Glad you got everything worked out
1f44d.svg

I just find out about the dual transfer port too, my Maverick is from the first batch. Is your port marked S and P? Mine isn't.

B

Yes they are marked S and P. Ans I was shooting on the pellet port. Can’t wait to see with you it wail do on the slug port. I have an fx chronograph coming too. I’m tired of the Caldwell G2. Half the time I get an error.

Thank you for sharing!

So I actually went back and took a second look. The actual pin that holds the trigger was somehow to tight. I had to pop the pin out clean it and put back in. Now the trigger operates freely or moves freely under spring tension. FX sent me 2 new pins. The technician said it’s the first time he heard of that. 

Is good to know that this was nothing major :)

Are you 100% satisfied with the new rifle?

Thank you,

Art4x4

I love the Maverick, I was kinda disappointed that I had to diagnose an issue after one mag lol but I learned a lot about the gun. I had a mk1 wildcat which was one of my favorite rifle and im still disappointed about parting ways with. And when I seen the Maverick it kinda scratched 2 itches I had, an Impact and a Wildcat. The gun came shooting hot out of the box, JSB MK2 were shooting at 920fps. And I havent touched it yet. But it’s been raining here for a long like I haven’t had time to go shoot. The only complaint is the crappy gauges. For that price at least use the same ones on the Impact. But I’m about to change them. 

Glad you found the problem. I did a lot of reading and the first thing I did was check all the screws, found one loose on the scope rail. My gun started changing poi and found 4 o-rings stacked together on the muzzle end of the liner and it was also really tight. Spread the o-rings out and no poi problem. Also changed the second gage with a Huma. My only problem now is no 20 MOA scope rail, FX is sending me one,should have gotten it by now. Do you have the 20 MOA rail?

I already put an order in with my local dealer when he get the new carbon liners in to put one on the side for me. So I fought the 20 mao too. Mine didn’t come with one. I called FX but what I ended up doing is I have an element helix so I screwed it down past the 0 center mark I think to the -1 and I bought Eagle Vision ring and just adjusted it accordingly. When I was searching for the issue with my gun I check most of the screws and they seemed pretty tight. 

I already put an order in with my local dealer when he get the new carbon liners in to put one on the side for me. So I fought the 20 mao too. Mine didn’t come with one. I called FX but what I ended up doing is I have an element helix so I screwed it down past the 0 center mark I think to the -1 and I bought Eagle Vision ring and just adjusted it accordingly. When I was searching for the issue with my gun I check most of the screws and they seemed pretty tight.

I also have a helix but it's second fp because I want to shoot clicks, if I wanted to shoot dots I would have bought the ffp.With a 50 yd zero my turret will unscrew before 100 yds I don't know of anyone that have a Maverick with the 20MOA rail as advertised by FX.

So I go to shoot my new maverick and I go through one mag and put the second mag and in. I cock the gun and it uncocked I take mag out after 2/3 attempts I am able to cock gun ans shoot slug out. It almost seems like the cocking rod is not going back far enough. Any help would be appreciated.
I def believe it is the screws on the rod attached to the cocking lever. Make sure you align It back the same way by seeing if there were any marks left on the rod from installation. Otherwise you may have to experiment with it by pulling the probe all the way back and securing with the screws tightly without stripping. Once you find the sweet spot maybe put some locktite on them so they don't loosen again.

bdmoody that’s for the information and for giving me a goos starting point. I’ll be sure to follow up if I find anything.
Hammer spring adjustor on a Maverick is suppose to be 19.3mm over all length, according to FX, too far out and it won't cock. I have one that absolutely refuses to stay tight.

I def believe it is the screws on the rod attached to the cocking lever. Make sure you align It back the same way by seeing if there were any marks left on the rod from installation. Otherwise you may have to experiment with it by pulling the probe all the way back and securing with the screws tightly without stripping. Once you find the sweet spot maybe put some locktite on them so they don't loosen again.
So what I found was the pin holding the trigger in place had a burr in it and was preventing the trigger from resetting. It was very tight. I popped pin out and sanded with 600 grit sand paper and lubed it up ans all good now. FX also sent me 2 new pins.

Reactions: Lou Torres
Hammer spring adjustor on a Maverick is suppose to be 19.3mm over all length, according to FX, too far out and it won't cock. I have one that absolutely refuses to stay tight.
So what I found was the pin holding the trigger in place had a burr in it and was preventing the trigger from resetting. It was very tight. I popped pin out and sanded with 600 grit sand paper and lubed it up ans all good now. FX also sent me 2 new pins.

Reactions: HogKiller