• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Maverick/Wildcat Trigger Adjustment

What does screw C do?

Screenshot 2023-08-18 163724.png

C is a travel limit if memory serves. Use EXTREME caution when messing with F & G. a very very very tiny bit can make a significant change, they work in concert. Ernst Roe has a good tutorial but I tend to disagree with him 'twisting' the screws. It is possible to take your two stage and turn it into a single if that is your desire.

Reactions: sparker
C is a travel limit if memory serves. Use EXTREME caution when messing with F & G. a very very very tiny bit can make a significant change, they work in concert. Ernst Roe has a good tutorial but I tend to disagree with him 'twisting' the screws. It is possible to take your two stage and turn it into a single if that is your desire.
Yeah I just went through a whole tank of air dry firing and playing with it. Pretty cool the way they work together.

Screw C:
Flip your safety back and forward. With the gun cocked and loaded this safety lever should move freely all the way forward and to back.

With the gun uncocked, unloaded, like you’re going to put it away, from the factory if one were to pull the safety rearward it would stop and not go all the way back. There’s a reason the factory sets it like this. That would tell you, months later, just by noticing that stop, the gun is not cocked and shouldn’t be loaded. That’s how I keep mine, just like it was set up at the factory. But some folks with gorilla thumbs pull back to that stop AND KEEP PULLING, and end up tweaking/bending that safety rod . So what they do to bypass the factory setting is unscrew screw C so the safety rod misses that screw and cocked or uncocked, the safety can go all the way rearward now.

I like the function that it stops short from going all the way rearward, that way I know the gun hasn’t been cocked, and since I’m the only one that uses the wildcat, I know then it’s not loaded

Does the trigger sear normally have that crack? It’s so tiny it’s hard to tell if it’s machined that way. I was checking out the hammer internals and noticed this. Everything works fine, just caught my attention.

View attachment 381763
Yes, the FX sears have that "crack" in them. 1st time I tore down my gun for repair/maintenance I was concerned about it too but the new sear I bought is the same.

Reactions: sparker