Maverick vs. impact M3

M3 Hands Down!.......No contest!........Is Far more Up-Gradable as most aftermarket Mfg's go for the FX MK-X platform.........Power Rules, and so do repeatable Valves as in two W/ Far better adj........

& the Safety is right at the trigger so you unconsciously after a while simply flip it on/off.............

Any Platform with the safety on the butt is for me, stupid & I will Not consider!

FYI - there are some nice Impact accessories that do fit the Maverick. I have the Saber Tactical Adjustable Buttpad and the Saber Tactical bag rider that were designed for the Impact on my Maverick. No modifications were necessary to make them work. The buttpad was my only complaint with the rifle. 

I also do not use the safety on bolt/side lever weapons. I feed a round when I am ready to fire and keep my finger out of the trigger guard.

*~*~ Wow! " As for safety's I never user them. Safety is up to the shooter. Get some good training. " I am impressed you have got some good training! Have you considered others may come in contact with your gun. I mean those with the Not as Good training as you? Is that a child I see in the photograph? Or possibly anyone else that comes in contact with your gun.... I know your Good training has said to Never let anyone near your gun that you put in your safe IMMEDIATELY after shooting a can. Accidents happen ...No training can change that. The issue (for me) is why not have One more OUT in a GOOD way, with a safety right on the trigger where it becomes intuitive! 

That child statement is a bit of a stretch. You don’t think a kid could turn the safety off. You never leave a rifle loaded when unattended. 

I’m all for air rifle safety, but the safety button/switch is the least important part of that equation. Thinking back to hatsan at44 and the Airforce rifles with auto safeties such a PIA and why so many disable and or never use. 

*~*~ Wow! " As for safety's I never user them. Safety is up to the shooter. Get some good training. " I am impressed you have got some good training! Have you considered others may come in contact with your gun. I mean those with the Not as Good training as you? Is that a child I see in the photograph? Or possibly anyone else that comes in contact with your gun.... I know your Good training has said to Never let anyone near your gun that you put in your safe IMMEDIATELY after shooting a can. Accidents happen ...No training can change that. The issue (for me) is why not have One more OUT in a GOOD way, with a safety right on the trigger where it becomes intuitive! 

I don't let other shoot my guns. Well I do but they are certain people that are part of our machine gun group and we are on my private shooting range. I guess if you were at a public range and there were people you don't know around a safety might come in handy, but I would never be at a public range. I don't like them and yes people do stupid stuff. I try to stay away from those situations. 

Sorry I have been through special classes with gunsite and core solutions and when in the kill house with my HK MP5 SD we don't use the safety it can get you killed.

I also carry a glock with a round in the chamber and no safety. 

To each there own but I don't care for the safety.

4EB1B2EF-2285-4ACC-A28B-A4DEB5799812.1621739792.jpeg

Size matters. My M3 project rifle is a brick lol, but it feels a little more compact with the 580cc bottle than the Maverick with the 580cc. 

I have them both setup in .30cal with custom TJ barrels that I machined for them. I find that I enjoy shooting the Maverick with the shorter 502mm barrel and 300cc bottle than the M3 with a 611mm barrel. The M3 gets more shots obviously, but I wind up tinkering with it too much, whereas I just grab the Maverick and shoot it.

Hmmmmmmmm? the refer it to as a "Safety" for a reason IMO! As for the Glock, I believe it is very easy when drawing it to shoot the action of switching the safety off while in the draw is VERY easy. A Glock holstered w/round and no safety might just add to a higher voice IMO!

Not to sound mean but you do realize some of the glock compact guns (42 for example) do not have a traditional safety. It’s built into the trigger, I personally feel the rear safety is dumb. My favorite safety on my air rifles that I own is the Uragan, it reminds me of my old browning a5. I like having it a round chambered when hunting. I get on target click the safety off and fire with out ever losing sight, you can also click the safety back on just as easy. I’ve been to a few public ranges and used to work at a duck hunting club, I’ve seen some horrible gun handling that is worse then safety off/on. Beware of the hunter with a brand new gun in the box!

Having owned a maverick, multiple mk2's (still have) and an M3...here's my opinion. 

If you get into tuning bc you're going to change calibers and/or ammo a bunch, impact. If you're a set and forget it guy and going to stick primarily with one ammo, maverick. 

Between the impacts, is the M3 cool, yup! Is it worth it vs a good deal on a newer MK2...imo, no. IF you don't care about the cost, M3 it up! Now, to get all the really 'cool' stuff for it (once it's out), be ready to incrementally spend around 3k+. 

One con I've noticed on the M3, speed shooting. Regs can't keep up and I experienced the same thing on my maverick. Not talking 3 rounds, talking 8+ in a row. In close range, not a huge deal, but at a distance it's enough to be noticeable. 

To be fair I haven't spent a ton of tuning time with the M3 yet to get it to that 'nth' degree of dialed in but my huma reg'd MK2 is a monster when it comes to fps consistency/ES. 

Hmmmmmmmm?.... 

Noted: " my huma reg'd MK2 is a monster when it comes to fps consistency/ES. "

Is this .25 Cal Compact?...The "Monster" you stated above may I respectfully inquire as to: What are the #' achieved/Highest velocity with still decent accuracy........Approx 970 FPS with Knock Outs .25 in a Compact 500 barrel... Can you achieve this, or do you have to go to the MK 3 with larger Plenum?

Thanks

One con I've noticed on the M3, speed shooting. Regs can't keep up and I experienced the same thing on my maverick. Not talking 3 rounds, talking 8+ in a row. In close range, not a huge deal, but at a distance it's enough to be noticeable.

That's quite easy to fix if you don't stick to the guidelines in the manual/on the internet. The first reg 30-40 bar above the second reg pressure is just a guideline, if you're speed shooting than crank up the pressure to something like 200 bar or even a bit higher. This makes sure that you always have enough air ready in the first regulated chamber to stay above the pressure in the second plenum and thus don't have to fill up both regulated chambers at the same time (slows down the filling dramatically). WIth more information and numbers you would even be able to calculate how much higher the pressure must be to stay on top of it. Even for match type shooting is quite easy to calculate how much higher the first reg must be than the second reg to prevent equalizing the pressure in both chambers and thus slowing down the fill rate of both chambers.

For the M3 impact it is beneficial for speed shooting to take off the pressure gauge on the left side (so the one of the first regulated chamber) and put one of those external plenums on that place. That way you create a larger plenum for the first reg so you can stay on top of the second regulator. But with a recent accident in mind where one of those external plenums exploded it is good to ask maximum working pressure specs on those components before using them. And yes, it most likely will look butt ugly to have one of those plenums sticking out the side but sometimes you have to prioritize function over beauty 😁

Size matters. My M3 project rifle is a brick lol, but it feels a little more compact with the 580cc bottle than the Maverick with the 580cc. 

I have them both setup in .30cal with custom TJ barrels that I machined for them. I find that I enjoy shooting the Maverick with the shorter 502mm barrel and 300cc bottle than the M3 with a 611mm barrel. The M3 gets more shots obviously, but I wind up tinkering with it too much, whereas I just grab the Maverick and shoot it.

Very nice pair you have there! How do you like your Eotech with magnifier on the Maverick?

Very nice pair you have there! How do you like your Eotech with magnifier on the Maverick?

Thanks. The EO setup is AWESOME! I've dedicated the 50gr JSBs to that rifle and zeroed it to 44m. Using the EXPS3-4 reticle, which lets me shoot accurately to around 135m (further than I hunt small game with this rifle):

9C27DA67-A3D2-4BDA-BE3B-50C8517D99A4.1621968380.jpeg

I found a little Pic rail mount that attaches to the barrel. This allows me to drop a PVS-14 behind the G33 which is pretty convenient for pesting and hunting in places where my NOX18 thermal isn't as convenient:

9A196E36-BFF1-45BC-9BE4-45FCBA097E66.1621968540.jpeg

Reactions: JRisBundyboyz