• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Maverick VP .22

Poseedor de un Maverick VP en calibre .22 hace 15 días, he notado que hubo un "ajuste" de las válvulas, ya que de fábrica vino el segundo regulador en 100 bares, y hoy está, digamos en 95.

Quise darle al seteo de dicha válvula girando 1 vuelta el tornillo, pero no obtuve respuesta.

No sé si dejarlo así, o elevarlo.

A cuánto lo han dejado Uds al seteo de los reguladores?

Quiero realizar pruebas, ya que suelo tirar con Crosman de 14.3 gns a 760 fps dentro de galpones a palomas en la rueda 3, como llevarlo a la posición 7 de dicha rueda, para sacar 18 gns a 930 fps.

Voy a ver si es posible, correr los 760 fps del Crosman en la posición 1, y en la 7 llegar a sacar 25 gns a 860 fps...en el medio me quedará para sacar los 18 gns a una velocidad aceptable.

Sería magnífico lograr un equilibrio entre presión del segundo regulador, y presión del martillo; para que sólo girar la rueda logre manejar diferentes pesos de pellets.

Si alguien ya logró dicho equilibrio, le seré muy agradecido.

Saludos,

Hernán

Translation for us english speakers is 

Owner of a Maverick VP in caliber .22 15 days ago, I have noticed that there was a "adjustment" of the valves, since the factory came the second regulator in 100 bars, and today it is, let's say in 95. I wanted to give the setting of said valve by turning the screw 1 turn, but I did not get a response. I don't know whether to leave it like that, or to elevate it. How long have you left it to the setting of the regulators? I want to carry out tests, since I usually shoot with Crosman from 14.3 gns at 760 fps inside houses to pigeons on wheel 3, such as taking it to position 7 of said wheel, to get 18 gns at 930 fps. I'm going to see if it is possible, run the 760 fps of the Crosman in position 1, and in position 7 get to get 25 gns at 860 fps ... in the middle I will have to get 18 gns at an acceptable speed. It would be great to strike a balance between the pressure of the second regulator and the pressure of the hammer; so that only turning the wheel can handle different weights of pellets. If someone has already achieved that balance, I will be very grateful. Greetings, Hernán

Suggest you find out where the first regulator is set. You want it about 25-30 bar above the second regulator. I found 68 Whiskey's video helpful in this process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOfPnrKIm1c. Start with the regulator where you want it first then adjust the hammer. I am in the process with my .25. I have the reg at about 150 bar and trying to set it so that my heaviest slug shoots efficiently at about 925fps and I can then just turn the wheel down for lighter slugs and pellets. If the hammer is too "hot" (hammer adjustment screw is too far out), turning the hammer dial down actually increases the fps. Start with the hammer adjustment screw all the way in and turn in out 1/2 to 1 turn at a time until your heaviest projectile is shooting where you want it on setting seven. This is my process. Hope it helps.

Suggest you find out where the first regulator is set. You want it about 25-30 bar above the second regulator. I found 68 Whiskey's video helpful in this process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOfPnrKIm1c. Start with the regulator where you want it first then adjust the hammer. I am in the process with my .25. I have the reg at about 150 bar and trying to set it so that my heaviest slug shoots efficiently at about 925fps and I can then just turn the wheel down for lighter slugs and pellets. If the hammer is too "hot" (hammer adjustment screw is too far out), turning the hammer dial down actually increases the fps. Start with the hammer adjustment screw all the way in and turn in out 1/2 to 1 turn at a time until your heaviest projectile is shooting where you want it on setting seven. This is my process. Hope it helps.

Muchas gracias!

Así lo haré. Muy claro.