• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maverick versus Impact M3

Early this year, after watching all the online hype about the new Maverick, I ordered one in sniper configuration, .30 cal from my local gun dealer. They in turn ordered it from the only importer in my country (Australia). Within a month of me ordering the Maverick, FX announced the new Impact M3. Annoying enough to say the least. Worse though, FX did not export that order to Australia until a few weeks ago. Now it turns out, due to a slow down for Christmas it won't be delivered to me until February 2022!! I am pretty angry. I'm wondering if I should cancel the order altogether, or ask for an upgrade to the M3? Is the M3 significantly superior? Any thoughts?

It will all boil down to whether you need/want the extra features which the M3 brings, which you will be paying a premium for.

They are both excellent guns - accurate, good power, good shot count, smooth actions. M3 brings you a larger magazine and more external tunability. Do you need that extra tunability or are you the type who gets your gun shooting well with a chosen projectile and then leaves it alone?

FX says that even though the M3 has a smaller plenum, it can make more power. Bigger internal valving and air channels, I guess. AND it makes its highest power when you add the slug power kit - if and when that is available in your region.

Mav is simpler overall - less to tune wrong and less to wear out and have to replace (number of o-ring seals, etc.) over time.

I have a Mav .30 Sniper, and that gun has surprised the heck out of me (in a positive way) out to the 100 yards I have shot it. Accuracy and easy shootability.

I also have a .30 M3 'standard' (600 mm barrel). I'm definitely not where I am with the Mav yet. So much tuning to do with an Impact. It also didn't help that the gun was delivered with a .22 cal magazine in the box... Still waiting on the replacement.

I think that the jury is still out whether FX has gotten their manufacturing act together on the M3 platform. I am still seeing too many posts about the first regulator showing full bottle pressure when the gun is filled. And that is after the fiasco of drilling holes too deeply into the block and causing leaks which I guess were initially rectified using thread sealer. The very first Mav I purchased had a tendency to suddenly dump all of its air during a shooting session and went back to the dealer for a refund. Fortunately the new .30 cal gun doesn't do this.

If FX gun availability is so poor in Australia, how is FX service?

As i understand it they both are able to push heavy things real fast with the same upgrades, but the M3 do have more knobs to dial for sure.

ATM the M3 also have more add on parts, but i assume that is due to the impact having been out for a long time where as the Maverick are brand new platform on the market.

If things pan out i will be able to pick up the Maverick i ordered +6 months ago today, probably why i am up now at 6 in the morning and not having slept at all.

well the possibility of getting my gun i assume have a little say, but i am into a decade long sleep problem, so i often ( at least once a week ) go 36 - 40 something hours without sleep, even if i spend at least 10 hours in my bed every day, but i am not sleeping, my brain will not allow that.

No help from famous Danish public healthcare, actually i dont even think my doctor hear me when i tell about my problem.

Quick update: My Maverick arrived today. 3 weeks shy of 1 year after ordering..
1f644.svg

are you serious? That’s nuts! I’ve bought like 4 FX guns during that same period. Maybe try another vendor next time?