Tuning Maverick Tuning Question

I have a FX Maverick .22 500mm. My goal was to shoot the 25grain pellets around 900FPS. Where it was tuned it was around 800. So i put in the 13g hammer weight. I now have it at the speed I wanted. Final reg at about 135 bar. Micro HS about 1 turn form minimum. There isn't much deviation on the different power wheel settings. Would like more to shoot different weight pellets if I want. The question is, will more or less reg pressure get more deviation on the power wheel settings with the 13g hammer weight.

I had my Maverick 22 compact regs set at 150/125 bar with the 11g hammer weight and Slug power kit and got a good well rounded tune. The 13g hammer weight tends to max out quickly in the compact version. I had it shooting 15.89's, 18.13's, 21 Baracuda's and MRD's all on the same PW. It was maxing out at around 900fps with the 25.39's. Below is a group shot at I think 45 yards on the same PW with no change in the IHS. Every pellet on that board was shooting between 880-890fps if I remember correctly. 

IMG_0905.1634573387.jpeg

I have a FX Maverick .22 500mm. My goal was to shoot the 25grain pellets around 900FPS. Where it was tuned it was around 800. So i put in the 13g hammer weight. I now have it at the speed I wanted. Final reg at about 135 bar. Micro HS about 1 turn form minimum. There isn't much deviation on the different power wheel settings. Would like more to shoot different weight pellets if I want. The question is, will more or less reg pressure get more deviation on the power wheel settings with the 13g hammer weight.

Lance, The 13g hammer was intended for higher reg pressures in the 140+ range and using heavier pellets/slugs. Could be tuned with some work, but might only give you marginal flexibility for other pellet weights. Also, the lack of adjustability between PW settings tells me that the tune is wasting air so a PW adjustment won't be enough to compensate.

As a side note; Each number on the PW (1-7) is equal to .5mm spring preload;; Each revolution of the Micro HS is equal to .5mm as well.

Putting your 11g hammer back in, micro @4mm and setting your regs to 150/120bar might give you a place to start. This is a guess on my part as I have the .22 700mm Sniper.

I made a 12g hammer to experiment with, tuned as followed; Micro @5.125mm, 156/123bar, PW settings from 5-7 shooting the following:

• NSA 28.5- PW7=945fps
  • NSA 27.5- PW6=930
  • NSA 24.8-PW5=968
  • JSB KO 25.39-PW5=960
  • FX Hybrids 22gr-PW5=1012

YMMV. Have fun.

Patrick

I forgot to mention on that targets above that the IHS was turned down to get those speeds. My goal was to have an all around tune for pellets in my compact because I have the Sniper version in 22cal as well. I have maxed out the Compact 22cal at 54 foot pounds with a 33.95 grain pellet with the 11g hammer weight. The slug power kit makes a difference even without the hammer weight. 

I forgot to mention on that targets above that the IHS was turned down to get those speeds. My goal was to have an all around tune for pellets in my compact because I have the Sniper version in 22cal as well. I have maxed out the Compact 22cal at 54 foot pounds with a 33.95 grain pellet with the 11g hammer weight. The slug power kit makes a difference even without the hammer weight.

What were your setting on that tune?

Here you go: 160/135 PW7 IHS almost maxed out and with the 11g hammer weight. Didn't do any better maxed out. This is with JSB 33.95's, Slug power kit and transfer port on "S." This 54.76 foot pounds of energy out the the 22cal Maverick Compact. BTW you can't come even close to this with the factory hammer weight that comes with the 22 compact. (Note this not the hammer weight that comes with the slug power kit, but the middle weight 11g version.)

IMG_0973.1634782219.jpeg