Tuning Maverick transfer port

I was having issues with light .22 slugs tipping into the transfer port of my Maverick, jamming things up. I finally pulled the barrel and reversed the breech to utilize the bridged dual port TP.

Since I plan on continuing to use the pellet probe, are there any disadvantages or pitfalls to tuning and using the slug TP, rather than the pellet TP? I'm planning to primarily shoot pellets, with occasional slug shooting.

Om my .177 Maverick, which for some reason only come with the single port, well i got a dual port from Huma to replace it as the Maverick will mainly shoot slugs from now on.

But i just had to test a couple of pellets the first day, and cambering them was pretty darn hard and not feeling right - VS slugs that just chambered like they wasent even there.

I have since then changed to a pin probe, and with that cambering pellets are once again effortless

Om my .177 Maverick, which for some reason only come with the single port, well i got a dual port from Huma to replace it as the Maverick will mainly shoot slugs from now on.

But i just had to test a couple of pellets the first day, and cambering them was pretty darn hard and not feeling right - VS slugs that just chambered like they wasent even there.

I have since then changed to a pin probe, and with that cambering pellets are once again effortless

Hmmm…I guess I’ll have to try it and see. Might have to get a pin probe.