Maverick sniper or m3 25 cal

The M3 is quite nice. I got mine in 25/600m. And I got it for the exact reason you stated: pesting at 50-100yds. I have other guns for the close range pesting. It's being a bit bratty to tune, though. And I had heard about this from others prior to purchasing. Something about the 25 in particular. Maybe something with the 25 barrels/liners. I dunno. So may be worth looking at 22 if you go with the M3. I may be be switching mine over to 22 if the sass continues. People rave about the 22s for the M3. The 25 is not bad by any means. It can still hit 1 MOA often, but it's not super consistent. It just doesn't seem to be able to reach its full potential in that caliber. Maybe this is anecdotal, but just passing along my experience with it so far.

For shooting pellets, I think an M3 is too complicated for that task unless at some point you planned on shooting slugs.
The maverick is a little simpler, but still not as simple as the crown or dreamline platforms. If you’re looking at tactical, and are fine shooting pellets at 100yds, I’d look at the dreamline instead of either of your choices, but I’m the end, you can’t go wrong with another crown either.

The M3 is quite nice. I got mine in 25/600m. And I got it for the exact reason you stated: pesting at 50-100yds. I have other guns for the close range pesting. It's being a bit bratty to tune, though. And I had heard about this from others prior to purchasing. Something about the 25 in particular. Maybe something with the 25 barrels/liners. I dunno. So may be worth looking at 22 if you go with the M3. I may be be switching mine over to 22 if the sass continues. People rave about the 22s for the M3. The 25 is not bad by any means. It can still hit 1 MOA often, but it's not super consistent. It just doesn't seem to be able to reach its full potential in that caliber. Maybe this is anecdotal, but just passing along my experience with it so far.
Thanks for the info. I would like to keep it in .25 cal, cause wife will be thinking why I'm changing caliber.

For shooting pellets, I think an M3 is too complicated for that task unless at some point you planned on shooting slugs.
The maverick is a little simpler, but still not as simple as the crown or dreamline platforms. If you’re looking at tactical, and are fine shooting pellets at 100yds, I’d look at the dreamline instead of either of your choices, but I’m the end, you can’t go wrong with another crown either.
Thanks. This crown was my first pcp. After shooting for a couple of weeks. My wife decided that she wanna shoot it. Now, I think it's hers. May have to do more research on those rifle thanks

Reactions: madeintheuk
I've sold my Maverick Sniper and Kept the M3's and MKII. I personally would call the Maverick an "entry level M3". There are many reasons the M3, and now the Panthera, are the top of the line offerings from FX. Every FX model I have owned was excellent and fun to own, no complaints. Take that for what it's worth.

Patrick
Thanks, will look into the panthera. There's too many decisions.

My M3 Bronze Sniper .25 has been an accurate 50-yd pellet shooter (JSB 33.95s) from day one. Only thing ever done, besides a good Ballistol/PatchWorm barrel cleaning, was a K&L Gen 2.2 trigger guard. Snafu with OEM 28-round magazine jamming was corrected, under warranty, with FX re-designed 25-round one. Honored member of my collection, never a thought of buyer's remorse. WM

Reactions: golfer70