• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maverick reg screw blocked

Hey all, my Maverick 2nd regulator adjustment screw is partially blocked by the frame. I was trying to find a post that showed how to rotate the tube for better access but haven't had success thus far. Anyone able to help with this? TIA

Maverick reg screw blocked.jpg

You got two choices-
The two tube brackets will have to be loosened, and using a padded channel lock or rubber type strap wrench just spin the air tube enough to clear the stock. Make sure uphill by the bottle all things line back up as it should.
The option I just described will require you to degas the entire gun after you remove the bottle. Pull measurements so you don’t lose the pellet probe transfer port alignments as that can slip if you’re not careful, and you’ll wonder where all your power went. Make a mark on the cocking rod, and pull a measurement from a fixed spot like the front of the block to that mark.

Sound intimidating? Second option is to remove the stock and make your reg adjustments. No measurements to pull.

Don’t even think of turning that air tube without draining the air. Not gonna happen

Let me add to Bigragu, You do need to Degas, you do need to loosen those screws and you WILL have to realign your fill port. My thought is to take off the bottle, degass, loosen the 4 screws, using the fill port, realign, you're going clockwise so it's possible, clamp then realign the fill port, everything there is no more than hand snug. Ernst Rowe has a video on reassembling the whole thing, not a big deal.

Reactions: Sireal
Was able to clear the lower frame enough for an allen to fit (barely) by rotating the tube. Now it leaks air from the barrel / pellet probe so I assume the depth / alignment is incorrect? Now I have to figure out how to do that. As I'm looking at it I don't see why anything would have changed but this is new to me.

After watching vids and making sure the probe depth was correct I'm starting to think its the poppet valve below the breech block.

Apparently it is the valve pin. I pulled it apart and it doesn't want to slide smoothly (assuming its supposed to) so I reassembled and made sure it was seated all the way in. It took air but as soon as I degassed it and pulled the trigger it stuck again. As long as it has pressure and not degassed it works ok. Gonna order a new pin, spring and seat and pray that fixes it.

Last edited:
To OP,
You might want to visit the You Tube channel of Jeff and his son (Sub 12 Airgunners). They are in the UK and do all kinds of assembly, disassembly, polishing tuning, etc. videos. They work on UK spec rifles, but always note differences between UK spec and FAC (US type spec). I am including a link to his Maverick disassembly video. Another video shows the reassembly. Have fun!

Reactions: Sireal and Bigragu
Was able to clear the lower frame enough for an allen to fit (barely) by rotating the tube. Now it leaks air from the barrel / pellet probe so I assume the depth / alignment is incorrect? Now I have to figure out how to do that. As I'm looking at it I don't see why anything would have changed but this is new to me.

After watching vids and making sure the probe depth was correct I'm starting to think its the poppet valve below the breech block.

Apparently it is the valve pin. I pulled it apart and it doesn't want to slide smoothly (assuming its supposed to) so I reassembled and made sure it was seated all the way in. It took air but as soon as I degassed it and pulled the trigger it stuck again. As long as it has pressure and not degassed it works ok. Gonna order a new pin, spring and seat and pray that fixes it.
If you don't have enough rotation to get it up, I'd suggest getting hold of FX, you could have some parts that were't machined correctly. I've got one with the regulator on the opposite side, and frankly, it works GREAT over there, you can adjust AND see the pressure gauge.

To OP,
You might want to visit the You Tube channel of Jeff and his son (Sub 12 Airgunners). They are in the UK and do all kinds of assembly, disassembly, polishing tuning, etc. videos. They work on UK spec rifles, but always note differences between UK spec and FAC (US type spec). I am including a link to his Maverick disassembly video. Another video shows the reassembly. Have fun!
TIME out, his rear regulator is in the wrong position. It's assbackwards it's after the plenum. And, I just went to the FX site and theirs is wrong too. Or both of mine are wrong. BUT the schematic has is forward of the Pentium so...... Now I'm going to watch the video for giggles. Ahhhh, that's the Sub-12 version, interesting.

Last edited:
If you don't have enough rotation to get it up, I'd suggest getting hold of FX, you could have some parts that were't machined correctly. I've got one with the regulator on the opposite side, and frankly, it works GREAT over there, you can adjust AND see the pressure gauge.
I watched a video (can't remember which) where the guy said that FX has a clocking ring in case your screw is under the stock. Apparently it's rare but of course whoever built mine decided I didn't need to adjust the reg easily.

Just degas the gun, loosen the front support and rotate till it is facing the left side of the gun. Its will still seal as the oring seals against ID of the tube. Make sure to align the bottle adapter straight before you air back up, once there is air, you cant twist these tubes lol
Yes this is an option but that gap kept calling my name. :p

• Haha
Reactions: N1neWivesSniper
You got two choices-
The two tube brackets will have to be loosened, and using a padded channel lock or rubber type strap wrench just spin the air tube enough to clear the stock. Make sure uphill by the bottle all things line back up as it should.
The option I just described will require you to degas the entire gun after you remove the bottle. Pull measurements so you don’t lose the pellet probe transfer port alignments as that can slip if you’re not careful, and you’ll wonder where all your power went. Make a mark on the cocking rod, and pull a measurement from a fixed spot like the front of the block to that mark.

Sound intimidating? Second option is to remove the stock and make your reg adjustments. No measurements to pull.

Don’t even think of turning that air tube without draining the air. Not gonna happen
Hi GUys...Had the same problem..two weeks ago...its a thread timimg problem...DO NOT!!!...I reapeat DO NOT twist it up tighter to move it...Call FX (like I did) and my new plenum & regs were out the door ...THAT DAY.....No where.... do you find that kinda service these days...Nueman knows about this... Mav compact 30

Hi GUys...Had the same problem..two weeks ago...its a thread timimg problem...DO NOT!!!...I reapeat DO NOT twist it up tighter to move it...Call FX (like I did) and my new plenum & regs were out the door ...THAT DAY.....No where.... do you find that kinda service these days...Nueman knows about this... Mav compact 30
Hmm...worth a call anyway!

TIME out, his rear regulator is in the wrong position. It's assbackwards it's after the plenum. And, I just went to the FX site and theirs is wrong too. Or both of mine are wrong. BUT the schematic has is forward of the Pentium so...... Now I'm going to watch the video for giggles. Ahhhh, that's the Sub-12 version, interesting.
HogKiller:
I am sorry that this confused you. He says in the video that his rifle is a Sub 12 ftlb rifle which is the max allowed in Great Britian without a special license. You don't need a large plenum in a sub 12 ftlb gun so to meet the requirements that you can't have a rifle over 12 ftlbs (without a Fire Arms Certificate, FAC) FX just switched the two tubes around. The point I was making about his videos is that they are very detailed, very well filmed, and extremely well done. The man is a super machinist who knows his stuff. He usually tweaks and tunes each rifle as he takes it apart and puts it back together. There is a lot to learn from watching him disassemble his rifles - including how the tubes are held together and what can be done to get the regulator into a different position. You also may have noticed that he says he had to take the anti-tamper seal out of the regulators in order to remove them. That is because FX has to make it so the average Alfie in Britain can't adjust his reg pressure (or anything else) to accidentally get the gun shooting over 12 ftlbs. You can be arrested for doing that.
Cheers,
Greg

HogKiller:
I am sorry that this confused you. He says in the video that his rifle is a Sub 12 ftlb rifle which is the max allowed in Great Britian without a special license. You don't need a large plenum in a sub 12 ftlb gun so to meet the requirements that you can't have a rifle over 12 ftlbs (without a Fire Arms Certificate, FAC) FX just switched the two tubes around. The point I was making about his videos is that they are very detailed, very well filmed, and extremely well done. The man is a super machinist who knows his stuff. He usually tweaks and tunes each rifle as he takes it apart and puts it back together. There is a lot to learn from watching him disassemble his rifles - including how the tubes are held together and what can be done to get the regulator into a different position. You also may have noticed that he says he had to take the anti-tamper seal out of the regulators in order to remove them. That is because FX has to make it so the average Alfie in Britain can't adjust his reg pressure (or anything else) to accidentally get the gun shooting over 12 ftlbs. You can be arrested for doing that.
Cheers,
Greg
No apology necessary, I was unaware that the sub 12's had that configuration. I am aware of the handicaps put on the people by the overbearing dweebs. I reside in a state that is trying to negate our rights, it's not working out so well for them. Pew-pew sales are trending for a significant increase over last year which was another banner year. I did watch the video, didn't catch the part about the anti-tamper seal, only the reduced Bellevue washers, I'll have to rewatch it. Addendum, but I am curious as to WHY having the pentium after the regulator would make a lick of difference if the reg will only allow so much pressure. Am I to assume that the HSA is fixed also?

Last edited: