Maverick Questions

Mine is finally on the way and I have some questions. To start I am likely going to tune for the .22 JSB Hades but I am looking at various slugs. For those of you that have them what slugs is your rifle liking. .217, .218 and what particular weight? I picked up 2 cans of the .218 26Gr Javelins and will be testing those out but would like the opinion of the hive mind.

Oh and any other suggestion you may have for getting a Maverick up and kickin ass.

For those of you looking for/waiting on Mavericks, I posted on Monday that PyramydAir got an FX stocking order which included Maverick Compacts in .25 & .30 cal:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/pyramydair-maverick-compact-30-in-stock-3-29-21-am/?view=all#post-967837

All of those are gone now (one in .25 coming my way). They also received some Crowns, Wildcats, and Dreamlines. Maybe this is an indication of some inventory of FX guns starting to trickle in???

There has been some complaining about PA's newly revised web site. Maybe I didn't dig deeply enough into their old one, but one feature I like about the new one is the ability to search their inventory for 'in stock'. For example, in stock FX rifles would be here:

https://www.pyramydair.com/a/Air_guns/Air_rifles/Precharged_pneumatic_PCP/155/stock_true/brands_41?orderBy=price_dsc

I just look at this every morning to see what they have received. Wasn't particularly in the market for a Maverick, but the chance of getting one without waiting pushed me over the edge. Don't like paying sales tax through PA, but at least the shipping is free and actually fairly fast. And their on-line inventory control system seems to be pretty accurate to me - Not like some other shops where you purchase an 'in stock' gun on line, and a week later when it hasn't shipped you call in only to find out that it wasn't really in stock after all. YMMV

My Maverick Sniper is shooting happiest with .216 to .2165 , .217 are good but not as good as the .2165. JSB KO and the NSA are what I shoot.

.218 are out of the question in mine as I was loosing 80-100 FPS and accuracy was all over the place.

Great info! Thought someone mentioned or maybe one of the youtuber had good luck with .218 but doesn’t sound like it worked for you. .217 is known to work well even from my own experience but good to know the .2165 is even better! 

No worries about hijacking the thread. I had ordered my .22 Compact through Pyramyd Air on Jan 3. Got the email that it had arrived at PA on Monday. Called them Tuesday morning as I had to get billing sorted after the long delay. Also added the 10 for 10 just to make sure things were good as they should be able to catch any leaks and such in that test. Got notice that it had shipped yesterday with delivery Tuesday the 6th. I am hoping it shows up earlier as the shipping was supposed to be upgraded from Saver to 3 day select.

I will be doing a lot of testing but glad to know the .217 seem to be the flavor of the day as I did order 2 Javelin tins from UA. I have a couple thousand rounds of JSB hades to play with though and a couple thousand more on order at PA with an estimated ship date of 4/26. I have a few other sources of .22 pellets as well for Crossman and Daisy. (I may or may not have plans to be shooting a lot, and I really wish that the big shoots were closer to me.

No worries about hijacking the thread. I had ordered my .22 Compact through Pyramyd Air on Jan 3. Got the email that it had arrived at PA on Monday. Called them Tuesday morning as I had to get billing sorted after the long delay. Also added the 10 for 10 just to make sure things were good as they should be able to catch any leaks and such in that test. Got notice that it had shipped yesterday with delivery Tuesday the 6th. I am hoping it shows up earlier as the shipping was supposed to be upgraded from Saver to 3 day select.

I will be doing a lot of testing but glad to know the .217 seem to be the flavor of the day as I did order 2 Javelin tins from UA. I have a couple thousand rounds of JSB hades to play with though and a couple thousand more on order at PA with an estimated ship date of 4/26. I have a few other sources of .22 pellets as well for Crossman and Daisy. (I may or may not have plans to be shooting a lot, and I really wish that the big shoots were closer to me.

Superior really likes hades and 23 grain nsa in .217 and maybe .216. However try 14.3 crosman hollow point, I was shocked by how well the superior shot those cheap pellets.

Superior really likes hades and 23 grain nsa in .217 and maybe .216. However try 14.3 crosman hollow point, I was shocked by how well the superior shot those cheap pellets.

I will for sure try those out. Looks like NSA is having trouble keeping up with .217. 

Correction .218, .217 is in stock. Yes.