Maverick problem

Yes those linkage screws can let it slip out of adjustment. I have not loc tited mine as they just seem like they would be easy to strip when loc tited. Takes 2 min to readjust so I periodically have to do that.
Yeah, I thought about that but you can loosen the loctited grub screws with some focused heat on the linkage grub screws pretty easily! There are different types of loctite with different bond strengths. They are all epoxy-based adhesives. All of these epoxies are “meltable” with some applied heat.

Reactions: Trucker3573
Yeah that cocking rod assembly with the probe and lever linkage connector is an abysmal design. The soft stainless 4mm rod in mine bent right around the time my rod slipped back from those tiny M3 set screws.

Wound up cutting and threading a 5/32" music wire rod (PITA to thread). The actual outside diameter is slightly larger than 4mm, so it got rid of the rest of the factory slop that I had left over after I fabricated my titanium lever.

Later on, I added a 3rd screw to hold the connector to the rod with a 4mm stainless cap screw that I modified.

It's been working flawless at high pressure.