Tuning Maverick Power Wheel Curiosity

I just received my first FX rifle, a .25 Maverick VP from SPAW. I asked that he tune it to shoot 34 grain JSB's at around 900 fps since I was looking to have about 60 fpe.

The rifle came quick and after sighting it in with my temporary scope it's accurate as can be. It came tuned with the front reg at 150, second reg at 125, power wheel at 3.

It's shooting 897 fps so it's exactly as I asked and don't plan on tinkering with it. 

My question is with the power wheel. I'm assuming as I turn it up I'd get more fps until it reaches it's peak for that reg setting. For example FPS may increase as I turn up the wheel until I get to 6 after which further increases may decrease or increased speed will stall out. Is this correct?

I've tuned my Prophet Performance but increases the hammer spring until speed peaks and then turned it down about 30 fps for peak efficiency, does the Maverick work on the same principle? Is there a certain point with the hammer spring either too high or too low where I'm wasting air? Tomorrow I'm going to see how many shots per fill I get.

If it’s tuned on the 95% up side of the regulator knee. As most good tuners will tune to. You probably won’t see much speed increase. You’ll probably only experience that the standard deviation will rise with more hammer.

I have no plans to touch those settings. The hair light trigger with no first stage will be adjusted tomorrow though before I shoot my eye out. 

If it’s tuned on the 95% up side of the regulator knee. As most good tuners will tune to. You probably won’t see much speed increase. You’ll probably only experience that the standard deviation will rise with more hammer.

I have no plans to touch those settings. The hair light trigger with no first stage will be adjusted tomorrow though before I shoot my eye out. 

Well that was easy. After a quarter turn of the trigger weight screw it was perfect. Turns out first stage was there, it was just that the second stage was so light I couldn't tell when I reached it.