• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Maverick out of the box Issue

So excited to get my new Maverick. First mag no problem, after a short time I started having issues with mag feed. Double feeding happened several times plus issues not being able to remove the magazine. Several calls to customer service I heard it must be user error. It very well could be. Not wanting to send the gun back to to FX I wanted to find the issue and get the gun back online. After several calls for help & the process of Elimination. 
I discovered the hammer spg adj screw threads were Very loose. The gun would not hold any adjustment. Shooting 2 mags the gun would go from 970 fps to 735 FPS.Filling the threads lock tight & turning as it set up, allows me to still adjust , but take up the slack..I was told no one ever heard of this issue but it kept me from using my new gun for a month ugh. Am I alone or did someone else have this weird issue love to know.

Its a lever action it can't double feed you have to do that yourself. By pulling the lever back pushing it forward and pulling it back at least partway again.

Hammer spring problem is all FX and if they are that loose I would be sending it back as soon as I figured it out. Or NOT I probly would tap the thing out to the next size up with a similar thread pattern and put in a new screw. If that were possible. Then contact FX for a new part. Else, I would be very unhappy and go throw a tantrum somewhere where nobody would see me. ;^) Then contact FX for new parts knowing it would take weeks or months to get them.

With No hammer spring tension on the cocking lever feels like mush.. You can’t feel the Trigger sear catch. Bingo move the leaver back a little farther & you’re in trouble. 
Before u get to critical take your maverick screw the adjust all the way in, flush to the cup. The gun turns to mush & is a challenge to use. I also own an Impact & the cocking leaver has great feel, love the gun. You know when the sear catches & if you advance the mag. I was told the earlier mav’s had a different adj screw(blk) The threads on mine wouldn’t hold an adj thru 2 mags 36 shots. 960 to 760 fps. Full the threads in with some nail polish or whatever. Problem solved.