• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maverick or Crown (saber tactical)

I'm struggling with my next purchase. I'm leaning to the Maverick but the saber tactical Crown would fit the bill as well. I'm going to be hunting with it the most and general plinking. I want to run .22 slugs, and would like the most shots, and easy-to-use tune setup. I run off a tripod 90% of the time so the Arca rail on the saber chassis is why that's a consideration.

I would likely try to run a shorter barrel on either for portability as well.

I have searched alot and not found alot of info for a direct comparison between the two so please offer up your thoughts. I also want to have the simpler setup so it can be rebuilt by myself.

Thanks

Both will get it done.

The Maverick with tuning and setup for the ammunition you choose will no doubt perform, I believe it’s a natural slug gun candidate. Plus, they’ll probably be plenty of snap-ons & bolt-ons released for you to custom it up the way you want. Shorter with easy big power you’d probably be able to shoot any weight .22 slug, light or heavy weight with ease and as fast as you would want those slugs to fly. You would have to master the tuning setup to get your desired results on the Maverick, but the potential is through the roof.

The Saber Tactical Chassis Crown, the stock is ready for just about anything to be attached. Longer gun, but a bench-gun masterpiece. Stock folds for easy storage. A 700mm barrel may now actually fit in the gun case with the stock folded. Adjustable cheek rest and butt pad on board. Slap on almost any A.R. pistol grip you want. The only thing (and this is just my opinion) is if that folding stock rattled when extended. That would drive me nuts. But, the STC Crown potentially could also do just about anything you tune it to do.

Shot-count is a wash with either.

My $0.02 cents, maybe $0.03...

Joe

☝️+ What Joe said.

Here is a photo of my Maverick in .22 ready to go. Just added the Ernest Rowe transfer port to it.

• ARCA adapter is not a problem (see above)
  • Light weight
  • Dual regulators
  • Accurate
  • Easy to work on

Crown with Saber Tactical 

• Light weight 
  • Sturdy
  • Accurate
  • Easy to work on
  • Proven platform
  • WAY more money than Maverick

Nice you have the option to choose.