Tuning Maverick Magazine Stuck and Easily Repaired!

I LOVE my Sniper Maverick which I have owned x 2 months. Exceptional quality build and accurate. Today I had my first issue that my magazine was stuck in the breech and could not be removed. The side cocking mechanism was stuck in the back position. In my experience with other rifles it usually means a pellet partially wedged in the magazine and part forward in the breech. After removing the silencer and gently using a metal probe down the barrel, still would not release. The magazine looked empty so i figured that it was the 18th shot (I was unlucky) that got wedged and now the plastic in the magazine that stops the cocking mechanism when the magazine is empty was now preventing the retreat of the pellet. I noted extra openings towards the center of the magazine with indentations. By using a small dental probe at an angle I could move the internal wheel back to an open slot 18. Then using the barrel probe I was able to very easily tap against the obstruction ... and the pellet backed into the magazine which now slid out as easy as ever! FIxed and no damage! Thought I would share ...

Jammed Magazine Pellet.1629991010.jpg

That is good that you were able to do it that way.

I was not so lucky with my Impact. Somehow I managed to get a pellet wedged in between the barrel and magazine. It would not push back into the magazine nor forward into the barrel and the magazine was stuck tight in the gun. I have the original side-shot aluminum magazines and the gun is aluminum so figured I could just tap on the magazine out and shear the pellet in half. Although it did werq out that way it was much more difficult than I expected it to be. I tapped and then pretty much pounded on it with a small brass hammer with a plastic face. Upon removal the pieces of the pellet fell out and after a close inspection I could see that I caused no damage to the magazine or gun. I really have no idea what happened but it has not happened again so that is a good thing.

I'll add to my own thread a second issue with these magazines... i just recalled from a month ago. 

I did have an issue with one of my 6 magazines (interchangeable on by my FX Wildcat MIII and FX Maverick) that would fall out of the breech when I cocked the gun. I added 2 layers of electrical tape to the back of the magazine to make it snug and not fall out. That worked for a while. However, on closer inspection, it was an o-ring that fell out of the cover of the magazine (yes ... the o=rings are used as friction as opposed to controlling pressure leaks in this case). Fortunately, I had a very small o-ring ( on amazon these look correct: uxcell Fluorine Rubber O Rings, 6mm OD, 2.2mm Inner Diameter, 1.9mm Width, Seal Gasket Black 50Pcs) that I could super glue into the empty o-ring "hole" and it works great. You might want to order some very small o-rings to keep on hand. Just ordered some and if they fit, I'll post the size. See photos. 
Magazine no o ring.1630014220.jpg
o ring replaced.1630014220.jpg

My Maverick .25 sniper just had the same problem, but it turned out to be the alignment screw on the spring guide had backed itself out completely and was loose jamming up the internals. This will be the 5th screw I've had to use loctite on on this gun, but my Maverick is still far superior to anything I've ever shot (including, btw, my new $3500 Daystate Delta Wolf...more to come I'm sure on this topic)!

Please keep us posted on the size of that o'ring. I like the yellow color. At least you can see pretty easily if it is present or fell out. The first time mine fell out on my work bench (luckily) I had no idea where it came from. Seems like a poor design to me, having a black o'ring on a black plastic case just sitting there that can be knocked out and lost quite easily. Other magazines of the same brand do not have this design.

I note others are reporting the same issue i had regarding the O Ring falling out of the magazine face that creates friction to hold the magazine in the rifle. I have 10 Side Shot Magazines that are shared between my three 22 gauge Fx Rifles (Maverick, Crown and Wildcat). It is a benefit that the same magazine works in all 3. However at least 3 of the 9 magazines have lost their O rings that required me to find replacements. I ordered multiple very small O Ring sizes and finding unsatisfactory results (they must fit in the hole and be wide enough to stick out above the plastic cover to create friction).... Finally I ordered the white / clear (uxcell Silicone O-Ring, 5mm OD, 1mm ID, 2mm Width, VMQ Seal Rings Gasket, White, Pack of 20) and they fit the best. A small amount of super glue in the hole or applied to the back of the O ring hold them nicely in place. I've used the magazines with the new O rings and they have remained in place x 4 months. 

I bought them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNJX3ZB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that helps!