• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maverick lasted 7 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you receive your perfectly tuned FX from Ken (SPAW) NEVER EVER! adjust a single damn thing.

Buy a second MAVERICK in the SAME CALIBER have him set up for different ammo. USE ONLY THAT.ONE AMMO.

WANNA shoot slugs? BUY ANOTHER SAME CALIBER MAVERICK have Ken set up for slugs.

That's why so many of us FX nut cases buy many duplicate caliber guns for different ammo set it and forget it. SIMPLE!

You went and adjusted Ken's perfect tune on your FX Crown didn't you? Bet it ain't perfect no more.

He visto a gente hacer esto con los reguladores y decir qué son malos
16073736310304365064405804256699.1607373732.jpg
ladore

WELL? Seems to me the first issue is what are the gages actually reading. If the first gage is reading bottle pressure and not a reg pressure maybe all that’s wrong is the gun is low on air? 
I can’t think that a gun would be sold without a bottle pressure gauge.

i’m basing this on just reading the thread. I likely am way off but I’ve had plenty of times when I over looked the obvious so??? 
I would think with two regulators you would need three gauges . Confuses me.

What's to be confusing?

Watch 68 Whiskeys video or even Matt Dubber or Ernest Rows video...its not rocket science just a sequence that is performed by a competent person! 

Open the second reg all the way so its actually not functioning and then set the pressure for the first reg...then degas the gun and turn the second reg in all the way!

Recharge the gun and set reg pressure on the second one to your desired setting!!!

One gage to set both regs!

Not complicated just have to pay attention!

Still a PITA nonetheless

Yes, I think part of the problem is that the OP doesn't think there's a pressure gauge for the air bottle so based on this confusion, I'm guessing that there's likely some operator error involved here...

2 stage reg system with 1 gauge reading the second stage reg pressure. Thats fine, and all thats really needed. Its really kind of simple.

Open up the second stage reg to max and then you're reading the first stage pressure and can set it as needed, now you're done with the first stage. Then proceed to adjust the second stage to whats needed with the same 2nd stage gauge. (Just use all the correct methods for normal fx reg adjusting, degass/etc.)

Thats my take on it...?

Watch the above video, I did the second it came out and I dont even own one... But I can tell you my understanding is that the first gauge (high pressure one) shows bottle fill, and second gauge (low pressure one) shows the final regulator output. I mean its clearly shown this way in EVERY maverick tuning/first look video.. Probably in the manual also. 

It's obvious the OP doesnt quite understand how his gun works and messed something up trying to adjust it. Maybe a trip back to the dealer to get tuned correctly and then no more touching it until you fully understand how it works would be the best bet. 

Disculpen mi ignorancia y falta de respeto y educación

Solo se hablar el idioma de 6000 millones de personas (el castellano o español) no tengo ni idea de otro idioma o lengua

Todo o casi todo lo que se sobre armas de aire comprimido lo aprendí aquí sin saber nada de inglés

Ya no comentare nada mas puesto parecer ser que debo hacerlo en inglés

Gracias a todos PAZ Y AMOR

Watch the above video, I did the second it came out and I dont even own one... But I can tell you my understanding is that the first gauge (high pressure one) shows bottle fill, and second gauge (low pressure one) shows the final regulator output. I mean its clearly shown this way in EVERY maverick tuning/first look video.. Probably in the manual also. 

It's obvious the OP doesnt quite understand how his gun works and messed something up trying to adjust it. Maybe a trip back to the dealer to get tuned correctly and then no more touching it until you fully understand how it works would be the best bet.

Si

Keyman, no one stands behind their products more than FX...your new rifle is under Warranty so just simply call FXUSA and they will arrange for you to ship it to them for Warranty Service Repair. Then one of the great technicians will solve whatever problem it has...you may get lucky and get Newman Buck or even the Master Tuner himself Ernest Rowe to work on your rifle for you. And who knows, yours may end up being tuned way better than you ever could have dreamed of. Remember, it doesn't cost a nickel more to believe something good can happen in your life today...and having a Warranty from FX is definitely something good for you today. So be of good cheer and make that call! 😃

Best regards, Chuck

Easiest way to clear this up about the gauges is for someone who has a maverick to take a picture of the bottle gauge filled to 250 bar and post it here. I am sorry I can’t do this as I own a impact compact.😃

There's no need really - the videos posted or referenced to earlier in this thread clearly states that the gauge on the left side of the gun under the cheek rest is for both regulators. The gauge on the right side of the gun by the bottle is for the bottle pressure.

OP clearly didn't understand this and thought that both gauges were for the two regs and confused himself and a lot of other people along with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.