Maverick first impression from an (spoiled) impact owner

In case my memory failed me I’ll switch the TJ barrel to my impact and try again today. 

edit: switch the FX barrel back and saved a lot of weight. With the belita and compact vector scope (18oz) the gun weight in at 8lb 1oz. Feels quite nice. In stock form or no hardware mods with 120bars and maxed HS it is shooting the 23 grain .217 nsa slugs at 825fps and 20 grain .216 nsa slugs at 870fps. I know the NSA 23 grain .217 slugs shot very well out of superior liner at 830fps, hope I can find some time to see the accuracy of the 20 grain slugs. If it’s accurate that could be this gun’s go to slug. Another observation is that this gun can use the heavier hammer weight because between power setting 7 and 6 there was only 10fps difference but I want to test out how the gun shoot from the dealer. Will call FX to get the heavier hammer weight on Monday. 

need to find some time to switch over to the TJ barrel on my impact to get a baseline. Although with the heavier hammer weight the power difference could much smaller than I first thought. 

Kids watching carton so daddy is back to his legos! LOL 

switched the TJ barrel to impact with regulator set at 100bars and HS somewhere in the middle it shoots the 20 grain .216 slugs at 890 FPS out of the gate. Next setting from Max on the power wheel is 865 so that means I got more HS if I want more power. Will be interested to see with heavier hammer what the Maverick can do. The Impact mk2 with PP still has a big advantage in terms of power compared to the Maverick that came in .22 caliber. 

Well, I found something else that's "interesting". The second plenum on mine seems to refill really slow, like 10 seconds slow and sometimes even longer. In case y'll don't believe me I even made a video and even created a new channel. Move out of the way Matt Dubber! LOL 

Hopefully you can hear the hiss from the refill. Anyone else notice this issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1gTxQKNYk

EDIT: I validated my first stage Reg is set at 170 bars.

Maybe we can keep this topic here so we don't contaminate Yen's thread. 

I hear it on my dreamline also but just don't remember it being this long and on my impact it has always been around 3 seconds as long as I can remember. Maybe it will break in and get faster? I hope so because it's slow! 

I have taken apart dreamline bottle adapter and Impact amp regulator and they both look the same and overall very good quality from the finished surfaces. 

Update: I was a little disappointed with the amount of power the .22 Maverick was putting out but realized the hammer weight was the issues. Called FX this morning and was told they have not 1, not 2 but 3 different hammer weight for the Maverick/wildcat. They have light, medium and heavy hammer weight. 

here is my guess on their applications: 

- light: 80-110 bars/ up to 18 grain pellets

- medium: 100-130 bars/20-30 grain projectiles

- heavy: 130-160 bars/30+ grain projectiles

due to the lack of impact’s valve adjustment to tune the wildcat/maverick we need 3 different hammer weight. This is makes a lot of sense especially now the plenum is so huge that tuning it down is actually much harder in which I experienced myself. It took me dropping regulator to 70 bars and reduce HS to almost nothing to get a .22 14.3 grain pellet to short 600FPS and it really doesn’t like it! With minor HS adjustment the speed shot right back to 900fps! 

I would highly recommend to cal FX and get all 3 hammer weights if you like to switch caliber and ammo. With shipping 2 hammer weights are 16 dollars to my door!

Update: I was a little disappointed with the amount of power the .22 Maverick was putting out but realized the hammer weight was the issues. Called FX this morning and was told they have not 1, not 2 but 3 different hammer weight for the Maverick/wildcat. They have light, medium and heavy hammer weight. 

here is my guess on their applications: 

- light: 80-110 bars/ up to 18 grain pellets

- medium: 100-130 bars/20-30 grain projectiles

- heavy: 130-160 bars/30+ grain projectiles

due to the lack of impact’s valve adjustment to tune the wildcat/maverick we need 3 different hammer weight. This is makes a lot of sense especially now the plenum is so huge that tuning it down is actually much harder in which I experienced myself. It took me dropping regulator to 70 bars and reduce HS to almost nothing to get a .22 14.3 grain pellet to short 600FPS and it really doesn’t like it! With minor HS adjustment the speed shot right back to 900fps! 

I would highly recommend to cal FX and get all 3 hammer weights if you like to switch caliber and ammo. With shipping 2 hammer weights are 16 dollars to my door!

Do they ship with the medium?

It’s hammer time!!! 
D43945EE-B16D-4C5B-A4D2-6FE0FD6937F5.1608604677.jpeg

not sure which one is heavier yet. 

factory .22 light hammer weight is 7 grams

AED8D46E-172B-48D9-B65E-67F4BF9FFEDD.1608610101.jpeg

medium weight hammer labeled 19215 is 11 grams
BA5783B0-13F2-49B6-BFF8-9AB51AF571A4.1608610103.jpeg

heavy hammer labeled 17003 is 13 gram. 

DCA6FC9D-B53C-4499-8878-521E482E841A.1608610104.jpeg

stock 7 gram hammer weight will shoot 18 grain pellets at 900 FPS with reg at 100 bars and hammer NOT maxed with 500mm barrel!!! that is super impressive power!!!! 

Installed medium hammer and this thing is going to shoot HOT! Will see what it does with my NSA sample packs all the way to 28.5 grain. With medium weight think it’s going to be next to impossible to get any pellets under 900 FPS. 

this got me thinking.....if I use medium or heavy hammer can I shoot the 177 pellets close to HMR speed??? LOL!