• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maverick delayed

I'm sure people are getting tired of hearing this but I need to ask. Is anyone else still waiting for their Maverick that was ordered around early January from Airgun Depot/Pyramid Air? I have sent a couple of emails to them, but all I get is "be patient". And I'm not bashing them, just trying to figure out if I am being passed over for some unbeknownst reason. BTW the gun I ordered is a .25 Sniper.

Have a good Sunday everyone! I think I'll go tinker with my old first gen Cricket .25. It was hitting a little low the last time I shot it. Regulator might need attention. I should probably break down and get a Huma regulator, as I hear they are a bit more reliable.

Ooooo thats a long wait.

I preordered my maverick a good month or so ago, and it is supposed to arrive in "July"

I dont think you are being passed over, that would be uncool on a level we Danes are not used to deal with.

Still the Danish shop where i ordered mine, i am checking every day to see if the date have changed to a earlier date,,,,,,, and people say i am a pessimist. 😁

Mine is a VP but with a carbon 480cc bottle, and in the baby caliber .177 ( which the VP are not made in )

I hope the shop ordering this "spacial" flavor dont mean the order will be pushed aside, even if it is probably only a order for 10 guns ( like the country all sports / hobbies are small in Denmark )

I wish airgunning here matched our egos, cuz on that we are BIG

I'm sure people are getting tired of hearing this but I need to ask. Is anyone else still waiting for their Maverick that was ordered around early January from Airgun Depot/Pyramid Air? I have sent a couple of emails to them, but all I get is "be patient". And I'm not bashing them, just trying to figure out if I am being passed over for some unbeknownst reason. BTW the gun I ordered is a .25 Sniper.

Have a good Sunday everyone! I think I'll go tinker with my old first gen Cricket .25. It was hitting a little low the last time I shot it. Regulator might need attention. I should probably break down and get a Huma regulator, as I hear they are a bit more reliable.

I had a TX200 LH Walnut on order with them. They told me it would take till May to get it in when I ordered. A month later I asked if they had been notified by AA yet that it was on it's way and they told me they were very sorry but they had not heard from AA.

PA has been nothing but the best company to deal with, for me, for a decade or so. Always Johnny on the spot to deliver on time as ordered and whenever I ever complained they were right there to say, "What can we do to make it right?"

Things are economically much worse than most people realize. I say that because China is a source of every nut, bolt, and tiny little widget that was once made in Western Europe and the United States. They are leveraging that position to win an economic position as the first world economy. That means delaying parts where it can do the most harm, leveraging the pandemic, and leveraging their tech ...

It is just the way it is. I'm not trying to be political or start some sort of political thing. I'm just pointing out that they have a vested interest in causing these problems at this time. Literally everyone in the sporting arms industry is having trouble getting product. Another problem driving this issue is the fact that (again literally) everyone is buying up supplies because they are worried about availability down the road. That's everyone, everywhere in the free world.

These companies are good companies. PA? Great company. AoA Great company. I am sure a dozen of us could point to another dozen different companies and say the same thing. For example, I wanted a couple of BP revolvers because I felt I should have them on hand if I had to surrender my firearms. Went to Midway and there was NOTHING on the shelf. I kept checking for a month and finally two came available. They were less popular models. Bought them both... and then the search for percussion caps started. It turns out you can't beg, borrow or steal percussion caps anywhere right now. So I searched for a TappaCap (used to make them) ... Sold out EVERYWHERE even at the company that makes them. Gave them my money and told them send it when my turn comes.

People are afraid and that is driving a large part of the problem.

PA got some Mav Compacts a few weeks ago, but I don't recall seeing any VP's or Snipers. Unfortunately they, along with every other dealer, is at the mercy of FX's supply. And FX has already said (on this forum) that Maverick production was/will initially be slower since it was a brand new platform/design from them. They continued on to try and say that the availability delays would not be the same for the newly announced Impact M3 since it was a platform/design they had prior experience with. We'll see.

My Maverick Compact .25 cal is actually being shipped back to PA tomorrow for a refund. Even before shooting it I didn't like its balance/handling as well as my Mk2 Impact Compact. And then when I did start to shoot it, I was getting intermittent air loss out of the open breech when shooting. The subsequent round would POI low, and I would have to shoot 3-4 quick rounds to get the valve to seal. Then I would shoot a little more, and it would do it again.

While I know that this behavior is not unheard of in the Impact line, my Impacts have never done this to me, and the issue kind of got me to lose a little confidence in my Maverick. But at least PA has a strong return policy.

I saw some with Penchetta pen and Knife not to long ago. Idk if they have anymore, but I always suggest trying the smaller dealers, there's a huge list on the FX Airgun USA site, call around. PA, UA those guys seem to always sell out quickly. I got my Maverick in a couple of months. I originally had done UA but ended up going to a smaller dealer. 

The main reason they are taking so long is because all of the sniper barrels are being used for the new m3 and Matt dubber edition impacts. The only ones in stock are the compacts. Fx needs to step up production big time on the sniper barrels.

If thats the case i recon there is hope for me as i an up for a .177, and my bet is those are not the most selling ones by far.

As mine are supposed to get here in "July" Traditionally in Denmark the main summer break weeks are week 28 - 29 - 30 or in the case of this year July 12 - 31.

And i dont think the Swedes are much different than us Danes on that, so maybe the summer break 2021 are canceled at FX, or its just a skeleton crew assembling and shipping rifles out daily for those last 3 weeks of July.

I did get confirmed today our " special" VP edition on order, will ship with the .177 600 mm superior liner and not the STX one mentioned on the FX page ( all other calibers are superior liner alright )

So that made me a little more happy even if i was awakened today in a way never tried before, checking my mail made that experience go poof.

I don't have the patience to pre-order and wait for stuff. However, I really wanted a Maverick, so I bought the first one I could get my hands on when I was able to buy. That's how I ended up with a Compact .30, when I really wanted a Sniper .22 😅 With some careful purchasing and modding, I now have a Semi-Sniper with a 480cc bottle with 700mm barrels in .22 and .30. If you don't mind spending a little extra in the long run, just grab any flavor you can find. You can always make it what you want later. I don't regret my methods at all, because I got what I wanted and didn't wait months to get it. Sure, I spent more money in the end, but I also ended up with a lot of different configurations I can use too.

I did the same as Rallyshark there. Was wanting a .25 Sniper and ended up with .22 Compact. Now realizing I can make enough power with .22 to not truly need .25 and can run a couple configs in .22 or sell the compact barrel and get a .25 if I want to later. I believe the parts are scarce enough that I can sell that barrel at some point so someone gets a good deal and I can put that towards some other part that I find I JUST can't live without.

I am also not good with things like "spending that much money" and not have something right away, but with the way things are now i simply did not dare to take the chance of them getting stock, and having one left when i was ready + it also is a 2 hour drive to the shop i ordered at ( i do not dare sending a precision instrument with the post )

There are at least one other shop carrying the regular Maverick models, in which case i would have to buy the sniper,,,,, BUT ! it is in a part of the country where i for personal reasons would not send my money.

Padding piggy bank are in ultra mode, meaning every time i buy something with cash ( always do ) i pay with a bill, and the return coin go strait into the piggy bank, already lost sight of the bottom ( 10 X 6 " ) of it as it is covered in mostly big denomination coins.

This speed should make 1000 - 1500 Dkkr every month for those extras people dedicated to a hobby always seem to need 😄

Need crono - rings and mags for sure on day #1 also like to get a FFP Scope fairly quick.

I just got a VP Maverick in .22 from Jeff at Treiner Outdoors. I'm really liking it so far. IMO the 600mm barrel is just the correct length for me. Plus, the power capabilities of the gun with the Heavier hammer can get Monster Redesigns up to 60FPE. Really good specs, I'll see how the gun produces in the cominging months.

Jeff is a good dude to deal with! I had decided I was going to get a VP at one point, thinking just as you. It'll do anything you need... But then I found a Compact .30 available. Then, the usual Donny thoughts took over, and the modding started, lol.