• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maverick Bottle change almost impossible!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to the FX Maverick.
I was wondering if anyone else has had the issue where removing or screwing on a full bottle is almost impossible?
I have been filling and removing the bottles for tuning etc for the last month with no problem, easy and smooth.
Over the last couple of days I noticed they were getting quite stiff. I checked the threads, o-rings etc and all is well.
It has reached the point where it is now not possible without serious effort.
Has anyone else experienced this or heard it happen before?
Many thanks
Ed

Reactions: R0B and HogKiller
What was the solution to fix the issue?
I sent it to FX for a different issue- occasional very low fps shots (could be hammer, reg or?)that gave wide spreads and high Std deviations and asked them to review the bottle problem-(the bottle adapter seemed messed up). It is with them now for repair.
I spoke with a tech named Ben, who was very helpful, and he asked for pix then told me to send in with a warranty # he gave me. You pay freight to FX and they pay it back to you.
FX really wants their customers to be happy with their guns, IMO.

Reactions: tibor
I don't know if they are stainless or not . I trouble with my raw on and off with the bottle tuning it stainless galls and sticks I didn't notice it till I couldn't get them apart any longer and had to replace the bottle valve and huma reg since then I've been using the nickel anti seize on bottle threads to help from turning on hard don't lube bottle threads with silicone oil

Reactions: yurted
I don't know if they are stainless or not . I trouble with my raw on and off with the bottle tuning it stainless galls and sticks I didn't notice it till I couldn't get them apart any longer and had to replace the bottle valve and huma reg since then I've been using the nickel anti seize on bottle threads to help from turning on hard don't lube bottle threads with silicone oil
FX advised the same thing about NOT using lube. They said it will hold the grit(in my case it was the black anodizing particles). AEAC had advised to lube with some silicone grease to make it easier to remove.

I can confirm silicone grease is very bad for metal parts moving against each other. I once lubed the barrel, and cocking block on an impact (the block wich slide on the barrel when cocking the gun). It actually scratched off the finish on the barrel, even there was plenty of lube present. Unfortunatelly many (even experianced users) do not know about this, and is often used wrong. I do not know the science behind it, and why it is so bad on moving metal against metal.
On the other hand silicoin oil can be used to lube pellets. Strangely enough it work good when lead moves on steel.

I can confirm silicone grease is very bad for metal parts moving against each other. I once lubed the barrel, and cocking block on an impact (the block wich slide on the barrel when cocking the gun). It actually scratched off the finish on the barrel, even there was plenty of lube present. Unfortunatelly many (even experianced users) do not know about this, and is often used wrong. I do not know the science behind it, and why it is so bad on moving metal against metal.
On the other hand silicoin oil can be used to lube pellets. Strangely enough it work good when lead moves on steel.
Now that is officially interesting. That would explain why some are having issues removing there bottles, I for one have used a bit of silicon grease. My project tomorrow is to get them off, get them clean and use a bit of lithium grease or a dab of Tri-flow. And pray I haven't screwed things up too badly.

Reactions: yurted