FX Maverick Black Arts Design barrel band

Could the Maverick owners that are using these give some feedback on what you think? Anything to consider before using one?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, unsupported is better than being supported by the air cylinder.
Most every Olympic shooter will tell you that. Seen many Sniper rifles (actual firearms) lately ?

Think about it...you have two things with different coefficients of expansion, two different rates of flex, being tied together..!?
Not unless you have a VERY stiff steel bar that does nothing but sit there, would I add a connector band.

Mike

Reactions: rsfrid
Yes, unsupported is better than being supported by the air cylinder.
Most every Olympic shooter will tell you that. Seen many Sniper rifles (actual firearms) lately ?

Think about it...you have two things with different coefficients of expansion, two different rates of flex, being tied together..!?
Not unless you have a VERY stiff steel bar that does nothing but sit there, would I add a connector band.

Mike
Do you have a Maverick? The flimsy FX barrel system is already supported in two places on the Maverick, but is still a lot more delicate than a solid barrel. I don’t wish to take it out in the field and find out exactly how delicate it is.

I also have to LMAO when people start throwing around the “Sniper Rifle” thing. You have no idea, so don’t even go there.

Maverick owners, please share any experience with any barrel bands that you are using or might have tried.

Thanks again,
Rich