• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Maverick 600mm starting point

Ok, so I’ve read about everything I can find, and watched hours of YouTube. Just making sure this sounds right while I’m waiting on my chrono, and new orings to fix a leak. 
Thinking 110/85 shooting a 18.1 gr Fx pellet somewhere around 850-900? Does that sound right? The goal is accuracy, would love to be good out to a 100, but understand the lighter pellet will have some issues in the wind. I figure it will take some time to understand how the wind will effect the pellet. I have spent years developing loads for powder burners, and figured a air gun would be simple. Guess I was mistaken. 
I have a few barns full of pigeons, and sparrows, and the 22lr, and the 17hmr shots are very hard to take to make sure I have a safe shot. So, I figured a lighter pellet would help with those issues. Honestly any first hand knowledge/advise would be great. I have a athalon 6-24x50 ffp on it, a Donny fl ronin, and an atlas bipod. Wanting to get to slugs eventually, but figure I’d start with the pellets, and work my way there eventually.

Ok, so I’ve read about everything I can find, and watched hours of YouTube. Just making sure this sounds right while I’m waiting on my chrono, and new orings to fix a leak. 
Thinking 110/85 shooting a 18.1 gr Fx pellet somewhere around 850-900? Does that sound right? The goal is accuracy, would love to be good out to a 100, but understand the lighter pellet will have some issues in the wind. I figure it will take some time to understand how the wind will effect the pellet. I have spent years developing loads for powder burners, and figured a air gun would be simple. Guess I was mistaken. 
I have a few barns full of pigeons, and sparrows, and the 22lr, and the 17hmr shots are very hard to take to make sure I have a safe shot. So, I figured a lighter pellet would help with those issues. Honestly any first hand knowledge/advise would be great. I have a athalon 6-24x50 ffp on it, a Donny fl ronin, and an atlas bipod. Wanting to get to slugs eventually, but figure I’d start with the pellets, and work my way there eventually.

Sorry about the O-ring thingy. Shoot it stock out of the box with the 18's first at whatever distance your quarry is. Your power wheel will give you quite a range to work with. FX tunes them to around 850-900 from the factory. What was yours shooting when you received it? A baseline of where you are coming from is a good place to start the conversation. Have fun.

Patrick

41632D4E-28E3-46D4-A127-96F200B25A89.1651015835.jpeg
Got back into town this afternoon. Found the culprit of the small leak I had. Top o ring on the regulator screw. Pyramid air, and FX USA took great care of me and had the parts here waiting for me. Was pleasantly surprised how easy the fix was. This guns are very simple to tear down. 
Hopefully tomorrow morning I can get to getting the tune figured out.